• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do aces count if they aren't your first throw?

I really don't count it so much as the first one thrown, but calling which one you are taking. My last ace was technically on the second throw, but I called out what disc I was going to take beforehand. I had just finished out a hole and still had my wasp in my hand. I stepped up and said, "hold on I wanna see what this'll do real quick with a forehand". Tossed it and landed right next to the basket for an easy deuce. Then I pulled out my legacy and said something similar to, "K hopefully this one goes where the other one is". Backhanded it cleanly in the basket.

usually I throw "practice" throws after my initial throw, but in this case the disc I wanted was in my bag, and the disc I wanted to practice with was in my hand so I threw that one first.

this thread is back?!?!

aces are on you first throw. an ace on your second throw is fundamentally impossible.

I really don't count it so much as the first one thrown, but calling which one you are taking. My last ace was technically on the second throw, but I called out what disc I was going to take beforehand. I had just finished out a hole and still had my wasp in my hand. I stepped up and said, "hold on I wanna see what this'll do real quick with a forehand". Tossed it and landed right next to the basket for an easy deuce. Then I pulled out my legacy and said something similar to, "K hopefully this one goes where the other one is". Backhanded it cleanly in the basket.

usually I throw "practice" throws after my initial throw, but in this case the disc I wanted was in my bag, and the disc I wanted to practice with was in my hand so I threw that one first.
well your last "ace" was technically NOT an ace.

When someone asks me how many aces I have I count the 1 I have off an extra throw. Does it really doesn't matter if you count it or not? Its not like theres some list out there with everybody's aces on record. Does me or anyone having that extra ace affect anyone? Does it mean me or whoever is a better disc golfer? No way! In my opinion aces are 99% luck anyway whether you're trying to make it or not.

well your last "ace" was technically NOT an ace.

I disagree on that one, I'd say he hit the shot that he was going to count for his score, so it's a legitimate ace.

If your playing someone in a serious casual round would you let them take a practice throw first ?

The only person ive ever seen do that is a little kid, and we told him if he wants to keep playing rounds with us and we did want him to cause he could keep up , that he had to play by the rules and quit doing that "practice" throw crap.

Now if youve been playing almost as long as this kids been alive you should know better , and quit being a cheater. First shot is the only shot.

if your answer to the O.P.s question is YES then your aces listed dosnt really mean anything to me, they just arent believeable.Not saying your a liar but if you dont know what an ace is and isnt, then how can someone believe your ace count, YOUR ARE A CUBBY!!!

I you want to practice, do it on your own time in an open field, or playing alone. You want to play, hit the course with the rest of us.

Here's the thing... If you've been playing disc for a while then you know every disc flies different. Eagles fly different than wraiths, wraiths fly different than aviars, aviars fly different than spiders... ****! Aviars fly different from other aviars, eagles from other eagles, etc... Depending on their weight, level of beatness, plastic type, mold imperfections, etc... discs will fly differently.

Furthermore, discs fly differently depending on release angle, body mechanics, wind speed and direction at time of each discs flight, elevation, temperature, etc...

Therefore, unless your friend had 5 brand new, same color, same stamp color, same weight, same plastic, same disc, made from the same exact mold - (and even then...they'd still fly slightly different) - discs... and, unless your friends form is perfect and throws exactly the same way, every time... and, unless you were playing in a vacuum where wind and pressure fluctuations wouldn't mess with the shot... then each of his throws was unique from start to finish.

And, on top of that the shot was 340' allowing for more variability in flight...

It's an ACE!
DSCJNKY

I shot a round and here's a list of all the aces I hit yesterday...

Tree Aces...6
Ground Aces...30
Basket Deflection Aces...3
Asphalt aces...2
Tall grass over the fence aces...1
Anthill aces (makes a huge cloud of dust)...2
In the basket but not on my first throw aces...18
Actual aces...0

Ace count: 60, 314

I used to think I knew an ace when I saw one....it almost seemed intuitive. Set bag down. Select disc. Throw disc into basket or not.

But I've changed my opinion and applied it to all the other sports I play.

3 strikes and you're out. Nah....lame. I'll take as many swings as I need to get on base.
Bowling a 300 game is much simpler with 3rd, 4th and 5th first rolls.
Yahtze is breeze using disc golf rules.
I always win at poker now...with the draw a card until I complete a flush rule in play.
I've got the new goalkeeper can't use his hands rule going in my local soccer club....NBA style scoring is now in effect.

Taking my soccer skills to the NFL....that last second field goal is a snap now that I can have 3 or 4 tries.

I'm getting rich with the " New Disc Golf Ace Rule...as applies to all Sports"

I used to think I knew an ace when I saw one....it almost seemed intuitive. Set bag down. Select disc. Throw disc into basket or not.

But I've changed my opinion and applied it to all the other sports I play.

3 strikes and you're out. Nah....lame. I'll take as many swings as I need to get on base.
Bowling a 300 game is much simpler with 3rd, 4th and 5th first rolls.
Yahtze is breeze using disc golf rules.
I always win at poker now...with the draw a card until I complete a flush rule in play.
I've got the new goalkeeper can't use his hands rule going in my local soccer club....NBA style scoring is now in effect.

Taking my soccer skills to the NFL....that last second field goal is a snap now that I can have 3 or 4 tries.

I'm getting rich with the " New Disc Golf Ace Rule...as applies to all Sports"

and how does everyone else feel about this:D

and how does everyone else feel about this:D

Well...since you asked....I feel way good about it. Not only am I kicking ass in all sports, but since applying disc golf ace rules to other aspects of my life....well...things have improved considerably.

With second and third chances....buying gold and selling gold is tremendously lucrative. Pretty much applies to all markets, but gold and platinum have pretty good multiple try profit margins.

So...the cash flow is steady with disc golf ace rules and that just leaves one little loose end......women and sex.

And the multiple throw ace count translates directly to hitting on women and getting laid. Cuz, now....I can cast out unlimited oneliners until I hit the basket. Disc Golf Ace Rules...rule.

Its a Perfect World thanks to Multiple Throw Disc Golf Aces.

just say.... " disc golf rules, Baby.....I get another try."

Last edited:
Well...since you asked....I feel way good about it. Not only am I kicking ass in all sports, but since applying disc golf ace rules to other aspects of my life....well...things have improved considerably.

With second and third chances....buying gold and selling gold is tremendously lucrative. Pretty much applies to all markets, but gold and platinum have pretty good multiple try profit margins.

So...the cash flow is steady with disc golf ace rules and that just leaves one little loose end......women and sex.

And the multiple throw ace count translates directly to hitting on women and getting laid. Cuz, now....I can cast out unlimited oneliners until I hit the basket. Disc Golf Ace Rules...rule.

Its a Perfect World thanks to Multiple Throw Disc Golf Aces.

just say.... " disc golf rules, Baby.....I get another try."
so how many times do you empty out your bag for women?

Here's the thing... If you've been playing disc for a while then you know every disc flies different. Eagles fly different than wraiths, wraiths fly different than aviars, aviars fly different than spiders... ****! Aviars fly different from other aviars, eagles from other eagles, etc... Depending on their weight, level of beatness, plastic type, mold imperfections, etc... discs will fly differently.

Furthermore, discs fly differently depending on release angle, body mechanics, wind speed and direction at time of each discs flight, elevation, temperature, etc...

Therefore, unless your friend had 5 brand new, same color, same stamp color, same weight, same plastic, same disc, made from the same exact mold - (and even then...they'd still fly slightly different) - discs... and, unless your friends form is perfect and throws exactly the same way, every time... and, unless you were playing in a vacuum where wind and pressure fluctuations wouldn't mess with the shot... then each of his throws was unique from start to finish.

And, on top of that the shot was 340' allowing for more variability in flight...

It's an ACE!
DSCJNKY
is it easier to judge the power needed for a hole when you havent thrown it in an hour or in 30 seconds?:rolleyes:

Latest posts