• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do I need Teebirds?

I was driving very well with a glow teebird...get a tb

Teebird is real darn close to a Surge SS.

Absolute hogwash.

A Teebird would probably fit your bag pretty well. I don't know how much difference you would see between a new Champion Teebird and a new Star Teebird, though. I would suggest buying a new Champion Teebird and a slightly used Champion/Star Teebird from the marketplace.

Another option there is a Volt from MVP. I'm not going to say it is a longer Tbird, but that is basically how it worked out for me. I could throw long straight tunnel shots that didn't turn over, and faded at the end. When I say "long" I'm talking 250-300 feet, not 400. Whereas the Champion Tbird I have would fade too quickly, and the DX ones were too beat up and flipped.

I think the right Tbird would work for me as well now, especially because I'm improving my form. I'm getting my Champ Tbird longer and straighter now days.

Like some others have said, the champ eagle X would be just what you're looking for.

I carry a beat 167 star tb and ya newish 175 champ tb the beat one nice and straight easy to throw still holds up in a mild headwind. 175 champ for more stability and nice long glidey hyzers! A pair of teebirds will get the job done in my experience i carry a beef cake 170 c-fd for my over stable duties (weird i know) or a firebird when its especially qindy

If you're Saints aren't doing the job, a beefy TB (either Star or Champ with high PLH) or Eagle would be good additions to your bag. You probably won't see a huge difference between Star and Champ at first, though Star will wear a bit faster. I'm still using a 2 year old 167g Star that's seen a lot of action. It still does the trick.

The thing about it is...you have to find the right Teebird. Good luck. Takes quite a bit of effort and money..in my experience anyway. I went through 5 or 6 11x's until I finally found one that could hold up in a decent headwind. Ended up being a pearly tourney stamped 167g..out of all the 170-175's I have. Most OS Teebird I have ever thrown. I had some 12x's that were pretty beefy as well...but they had no glide at all it seemed..like a pred.

If you're Saints aren't doing the job, a beefy TB (either Star or Champ with high PLH) or Eagle would be good additions to your bag. You probably won't see a huge difference between Star and Champ at first, though Star will wear a bit faster. I'm still using a 2 year old 167g Star that's seen a lot of action. It still does the trick.

High PLH is the key, most of the stars I have bought had a low PLH and got flippy quick. PLH observation seems to be pretty important with any Innova stuff in my experience.:\

I would say you don't need one.

You have a Stag and that disc alone should cover the same shots that a Teebird would. The stag is a tick faster in the end,but they both will show similar flight patterns.