• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you "nice" to be nice?

If I deem you a good judge of shots, I have no problem with 'nice shot.' If I deem you a poor judge of shots, then it'll start to bother me at some point or another. The point here is that I don't like when people call one of my mediocre or bad shots a nice shot. It isn't a nice shot, so please quit calling it as such. This is where the judging comes in, because it ultimately comes down to whether or not *I* think it's a nice shot.

And don't get me started on the difference between nice shots and nice results.

Damn, after reading how ass hurt some people get when told 'nice shot' I might have to say this more often.

I personally just say it if I thought the shot was nice-- I personally don't give a flying **** if me saying it bothered someone, because they're literally retarded to get upset over someone complimenting their shot (even if it wasn't a great shot).

If I say nice it's because they either just threw a good shot, and it's still looking good, or they threw a nice shot.

Nice. Sweet. Good pull. That shot was the bees knees.

Amazing how friendly a sport disc golf is.

Regardless of whether or not you're actually competing with your group, people always seem to be rooting for you to drain your shot. I know I do and I always find myself saying "Nice shot!" or "Nice run!" whenever someone on my card makes what appears at first to be a sweet throw. I probably say it too much, but it's just a habit I can't seem to shake. Haven't played with anyone yet that found my enthusiastic awe objectionable.

I have a book on golf etiquette. Page 1 says that the most important rule is to never comment on, or even react to, another player's shot until you see that player's reaction to their own shot.

Boom!

I just say boom. Boom! You hit a nice drive. Boom! You hit a nice put. Boom! You hit a tree...... Boom! You suck. Most often it's a friendly and relaxed atmosphere on the course and I find myself talkin smack to someone I just met. Isn't there a " don't nice me bro" guy that puts out utube dg videos?

I only say "nice" when something goes completely wrong on someones shot. Like botching a ten footer or grip locking 90 degrees. Also I only say this with people I know fairly well. When I compliment a shot I tend to say good or great. The people that I play with seem to view "nice shot" as more of a smug remark.

hits that ONE iron leaf that totally redirects the shot

I have to admit, I laugh every time someone talks about the iron leaf, simply because I've hit my fair share of iron leaves. :thmbup:

I think it's funny how often it seems to have an affect on the flight of a disc

I thought you really meant it when I was VERY green to the sport and you would "nice" my disc..... :) Just kiddin'.

If I deem you a good judge of shots, I have no problem with 'nice shot.' If I deem you a poor judge of shots, then it'll start to bother me at some point or another. The point here is that I don't like when people call one of my mediocre or bad shots a nice shot. It isn't a nice shot, so please quit calling it as such. This is where the judging comes in, because it ultimately comes down to whether or not *I* think it's a nice shot.

And don't get me started on the difference between nice shots and nice results.

OOH OOOH DEEM ME!!!! DEEM ME!!!!

Is this the copy cat thread? I always like coming to the forum and seeing multi threads and wonder which guy thought he could do a better thread on the same topic. Lol.

Is this the copy cat thread? I always like coming to the forum and seeing multi threads and wonder which guy thought he could do a better thread on the same topic. Lol.

No, the other one is.

timthumb.php

Latest posts