• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you sign your discs?

Do you sign your discs?

• yes

Votes: 116 79.5%
  • no

Votes: 30 20.5%

• Total voters
I put something on it... Like my initials and that's about it

I can't stand when ppl write their name and phone number all huge

You have to put some ink on it if you want to use it for a tournament... PDGA rules require it

Nice and tidy inside the rim. If I lose it and you don't return it, you must bear your scarlet letter with shame.

I always mark the inside rim with my first name and phone number with a ultra fine point sharpie. In the last week I have returned 3 discs, and have had one returned to me. The golfers in my area are pretty good about returning discs.

I put name/cell/email on drivers/mids
On the discs I really don't want to lose (rocs/favorite drivers) my gf has drawn in colored sharpie all over them ( flowers, hearts, stars, my name in girls handwriting ) <----- this works great

I put something on it... Like my initials and that's about it

I can't stand when ppl write their name and phone number all huge

You have to put some ink on it if you want to use it for a tournament... PDGA rules require it

You wouldn't like me too much. I ink the crap out of my discs. It gives me the info I need about the disc. I get this info from hours of field testing. I want to know what the limits of each of my discs are and what they can do for me.

It also makes them easy to spot if someone ever finds one of my discs:

Dogpictures005.jpg

Dogpictures004.jpg

From IMDB
A man, suffering from short-term memory loss, uses notes and tattoos to hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.

Basically the guy writes himself a ton of notes b/c he can't remember anything past a few minutes.

From IMDB
A man, suffering from short-term memory loss, uses notes and tattoos to hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.

Basically the guy writes himself a ton of notes b/c he can't remember anything past a few minutes.

I am not that bad. I just spend a lot of time in the pratice field, and learning what my discs will do and don't do. Since I only get to play once every 1-2 weeks, I like to write on my discs. Also, during a tournament, I pulled out the wrong disc. I ment to pull out a Star Roadrunner, and pulled out a Star TL instead, and totally blew the hole. This way, it will never happen again.

Plus, my short term memory sucks

Yeah I've done that too... and exactly like you did I was like WTF just happened until I went to my disc and instantly knew what happened... pulled the wrong red disc

Yeah I've done that too... and exactly like you did I was like WTF just happened until I went to my disc and instantly knew what happened... pulled the wrong red disc

Yea, I was pissed at myself. The shot called for a long anny, and I threw a sweeping hyzer. It was my first tournament and I was nervous.

I put my name and number on my disc, plus I use customs dyes, but if I have a disc a really like I put my wife's name on the disc. Those are always returned, everytime! Me not so much. Got love the ladies.

I normally don't, but after my horendous round on Sunday...seems like I was looking for a disc on nearly every hole...I will be inking all of them on the inside of the rim.

Nice and tidy inside the rim. If I lose it and you don't return it, you must bear your scarlet letter with shame.

^^ This. Especially the scarlet letter part.

I write my phone number and email on the inside rim. I've had about 1/3 of my lost discs returned. Some folks will argue that it's an invitation for people with nefarious intentions to harass you, but I prefer to see the glass half full (with a delicious Taddy Porter)

I found three discs yesterday. If they would have had their owner's info on them, I would have gladly taken them to the local disc golf shop (they give you store credit for returned discs and call the owners). Instead, none of them had any usable information on them so now I get to sell them and the original owners need to buy more plastic. Something to think about.

Latest posts