• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you tap-in during casual rounds?

if within reach of the chains, then almost every time.

Exactly. Why the need to actually putt from within a foot of the bucket unless it is a rule in a tournament? I don't do any frolfing with anyone, including myself, who would ever miss a putt where you are close enough that you can just reach over and drop the disc in the bucket. All it does is take time away when I or my casual group could be headed to the next tee and a 1 foot putt is a 100% guarantee anyhow. Never seen anyone miss one from that close. That said, anything beyond arms reach distance I always putt the disc, even when getting in my solo rounds.

It all depends on what my mood is that day, with whom I am playing, etc.
Generally, though, I am a "train how you fight, fight how you train" kind of a guy.

No..unless I am doing a tournament style round. If I am with friends I don't. If it is in preparation for a tournament I do to simulate the feeling of a tournament.

I will tap in if I can stand on my spot and touch metal at arms length, sometimes. If I am having a great round, I will let it drop just to avoid any question that I didn't earn it. If I am struggling and frustrated, I'm far more likely to swipe at the chains to make some noise, and move along. I wouldn't concede a 10 footer to myself, but maybe 5' or less sometimes. I usually like to play it out, because I do miss some easy putts, and need more practice.

I only accept "gimme's" if they're given. I can't issue one to myself and the dog rarely cares enough to say, "you got that," He has his own discs (haven't taught him to putt out yet). So I putt out most of the time. For both of us.

If on blind hole with someone behind me will hit chains regardless just so people behind me know it's clear. Other than that, arms reach, I'm walking.

I try to practice putting at least 20-30 minutes a day. Picking up anything under 10' during a solo casual round isn't gonna affect my game in the slightest.

While course bagging, anything under ten feet is considered a gimme. I just pick up my disc, and put it in my bag as I walk to the next hole. Casual rounds, I usualy do the same within reaching distance of the basket.

Latest posts