• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does anyone else have this problem with leopards?

BillTard

Bogey Member
I have a crazy relationship with the Leopard. My first disc I found was a DX leopard. I lost it I think two days later. I bought a used 150 dx leopard and lost it the same day. About a year later I bought a Champ 150 leopard and kept it about a month and lost it during a glo round(got it back about a week later from a friend who found it). Then two days ago I picked up an Echo Star Leopard and lost it that same day. It's not like I have just horrible shots with them. They seem to hit the ground and vanish:doh:.

Now I haven't lost any discs other then a flash which went into a pond while playing a round on my lunch break.

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem with any other model.

Also I love the feel of the leopard but tired of loosing them (call me superstitious but i'm not sure i'm going to buy any more). What disc would you recommend that would have a simular feel/flight. I have a QJLS which feels kinda a like the leopard but a touch more stable.

As always thanks.

Every dx disc will not have the same flight pattern. With the glide potential of this disc it might be turning over when your not expecting it and taking some crazy lines. Also how far are you throwing these discs. I have 2 150g champ leopards, one is a ce other is production run. Both fly the same. All dx I own fly way strange.

I have a crapload of dx ones for pond/water hazards cause its something I will never miss. Also I think some people think the same Im always finding this disc as well shame people don't number them or they would get them back, but if they are like me than it would not matter if its lost.

I had a similar thing happen to me with Beasts. A buddy of mine gave me two, and i used one and let a buddy use another. Well I lost mine and my buddy gave me the other one to use. Lost it. Bought another, lost it. So yeah, I don't throw beasts anymore either.

As for what feels and flies like a leopard? Nothing in my opinion, its one of the best discs out there.

I have done the same thing with forces and beast. everyone that goes into the bag leaves within weeks. Either lost, left, or in the drink.

I stopped buying them after the 3rd of each. Had the same two forces lost and returned 4 times...

My brother has the losing problem with his Valks... his best driver most of the time, but an occasional errant shot into the woods, and we never find it again. That's the crazy thing is they don't disappear into lakes -- they disappear in foliage.

In all fairness, I've lost my share of Valks as well back when I used to throw them. Dunno what it is, but Valkyries like to hide like no other discs I've ever used.

I think we all have that issue with just one or two discs. Its nothing more than mental really, but it just stands out more in our eyes.

I agree with ya Clarkey.

I switched from leopards to sidewinders. Touch faster but do the same for me. My problem disc that I lose more than any other was the discraft wildcat. I think I have four of the gone.

Understable discs don't fade back as much and are more likely to knurl upon impact and roll somewhere crazy. That's why, in many cases, I would rather anhyzer something stable so I get a flat landing.

Too funny! I got my first leopard a few weeks ago, a 166 Champ, a real beauty. I'm fortunate to live beside a large forest reserve and have a little nine holer set up there. On probably my tenth throw or so (long enough to fall in love) I clip a branch and POOF! the disc is gone! I have spent 3+ hours looking for this disc in an area where it "should" be easy to find.

It's keeping me up at night thinking about it! Now I'm scared to get another because I don't want to get hurt again! :(

Thanks for starting this thread. Now maybe I'll be able to move on!

I had a similar thing happen to me with Beasts. A buddy of mine gave me two, and i used one and let a buddy use another. Well I lost mine and my buddy gave me the other one to use. Lost it. Bought another, lost it. So yeah, I don't throw beasts anymore either.

I love the Beast, it just seems to be well suited to how I throw. But sadly, I have been through a few of 'em:

2 in the drink :doh:
1 in very tall grass :mad:
1 in a tree :wall:
1 left on the course :eek: dumbass

But the Beast is still my go to driver: 164 Star and a 175 Champ in the bag!

As for what feels and flies like a leopard? Nothing in my opinion, its one of the best discs out there.
I have to agree. :hfive:
When they break in, they're wonderful for big sweeping turnover shots going the "other way." Can you say gliiiiide?

It's keeping me up at night thinking about it! Now I'm scared to get another because I don't want to get hurt again! :(

Thanks for starting this thread. Now maybe I'll be able to move on!

I'm with you there. I lost it on a hill that's full of leaves. So yesterday I took a rake out and started to rake the hill trying to find it. I "know" right where it landed so it's driving me crazy that I can't find it :wall:. I'm at the point where i want to grab another one because as I stated before since I've been discing down and working on my form the leopard has been amazing for me. but I'm getting tired of loosing them:doh:.

I have found more Beasts on the course then any other discs. Sorry Roadtripstuff, none were yours. That is what got me to use them as my long distance driver now.

Surge SS's are my never stay in the bag for long disc, I've had about 10, never kept any of them more than a few days, several were lost the day I bought them. So I just throw the surge, and somehow my problem went away lol, disc golf fate??

I've lost more Leopards than any other disc. Its one of my favorite discs which is probably why I loss them so often. One I lost to a tree(really high up and it wasn't safe to climb IMO), one to some heavy foilage(devoured by the plants if you ask me), one to a water hazard, and one that my friends claim was obliterated since it went over the top of a hill and VANISHED.

The best part of it all I got another friend of mine hooked on using the leopard and last year he lost 3 of them as well. At least I'm not alone in lossing that disc!

I've had this problem with destroyers. Lost three of them; all on the same course. I pretty much stopped buying them and really don't have much use for them anyways since i've switched from FH to BH and disced down.

I lost 3 leoperds in one day last summer. I also seem to throw every beast I get into the drink, and each time I wasn't even on a hole with water it was way to the right.

Although there isn't a real replacement for the Leopard, you might try a Polaris LS. The lighter ones would be the closest.

A River would be another alternative that would give you glide similar to the Leo, but would take a while to break in to where you want it.

Eerie
I am on my third champ leopard

It's always a 'second drive' tho
I"I think I need a little more turn, let's see what the Leopard woulda done?"

Then I go to my first throw, upshot, putt out, and leave the Leos behind