• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Does Anyone throw a skeeter?

great beginner disc. a point and shoot disc. This was one of my first discs. along with a kite. lots of glide and you dont need much snap.

My girlfriend picked one up at Wal-Mart because of someone having the nickname Skeet or something like that. I laughed at first but I really grew to like it. It was one of the most reliable understable discs I had in my bag. I could throw it pretty gently and it would go far, fall into a nice anhyzer line and my accuracy improved with every throw. But it was dx so I only played 10 rounds with it before it had a gouge and I stopped throwing it because that's what I do with dx plastic. I've been looking for a cheap star one ever since.

I threw a skeeter for a couple of years. Great disc for all skill levels. Easy to control and consistent.

Yeah I had a DX Skeeter that I enjoyed til it got pretty beat. I'd say it's more of a finesse disc with good glide. It's good for those longish mid-range shots from just a standstill or when u need to be really precise with placement. I'd consider picking one up again, but probably in better plastic.

Ditto to everything folks have said.
I found the DX ones to 'feel' better in my hand than the Star.

I have a friend who seems to use if for just about every shot except long drives.

Lil-Jon-tvt06.jpg

this guy

No, I do not.

Down here in the South, we like to stay away from skeeters, chiggers, ticks...;)

I have a Star Skeeter that I bought and never use. The reason is, that it is so flimsy in my hand. I might give it another shot. I bought it because I had a DX skeeter that I loved until my dad throw in a pond. Does anyone else throw a star skeeter that is very flimsy?

I have a Star Skeeter that I bought and never use. The reason is, that it is so flimsy in my hand. I might give it another shot. I bought it because I had a DX skeeter that I loved until my dad throw in a pond. Does anyone else throw a star skeeter that is very flimsy?

I guess Floppy would be a better term for it... over time I have got a custom to using a stiffer plastic mid like KC PRO ROC. Might be willing to sell my star Skeeter

I love the DX Skeeter. It has been my go to straight to understable mid for about two years. I have recently picked up a Meteor though and I have been using it for longer distances since it is not quite as "touchy" as the Skeeter. This is a great disc for beginners and players looking for a wants a minimal effort disc with plenty of glide.

I guess Floppy would be a better term for it... over time I have got a custom to using a stiffer plastic mid like KC PRO ROC. Might be willing to sell my star Skeeter

Star Skeeters are made with the 'gummy star' material. I'm not sure if all of them are but I believe most are gummy. Great for wooded holes.

nice glidey turnover disc. not glidey turnover on the level of a kite...but close. these comparisons to a comet make me want to throw that disc even more...

Latest posts