• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dogs don't belong on disc golf courses

Small dogs were always the worst.

Been my experience as well.
Last week I had to punt a dachshund out of the way. Came charging from no where trying to attack my dog as we were walking up the sidewalk.

As far as dogs on the course goes? I'm ok with it, I actually learned to tune out excessive noise because of one that never stopped barking. Go ahead, talk while I'm driving or putting, I don't hear you! :p

If your dog is friendly and isn't going to bite my disc, fine with me.
Now bring your 4 year old along because you don't have a babysitter? That I have a problem with and will just walk off the course.

Small dogs were generally bred for some pretty ferocious tasks. It's no wonder they're often aggressive. It seems like most small dog owners don't think they need disciplined. They're the worst. Except Dachshunds. Dachshunds are awesome.

IIRC, Daschunds were bred to chase badgers into their holes. Badgers. Badass.

Good points but do you actually think the bad pet owners know they are bad pet owners? You know just like the way everyone thinks they are a good driver even though a great many are not.

Reminds me of an internet thing I saw the other day saying "Tomorrow is smack your annoying co-worker day. If you don't know who it is, you should probably stay home."

The main thing I was trying to get to was; follow the rules, don't be the guy who ruins the day for others.

Your right of course, they usually don't know.

I train my dog to search and pick lost discs out of brushes etc.

Right now its not perfect, but he saved me a few discs.

Anywa my dog has always one of his discs in the mouth

Attachments

• 20170528_142241 (Mobil).jpg
    20170528_142241 (Mobil).jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Latest posts