• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dollar & Locastro Ace

I don't know if I'd describe it as "douchy". A little over the top, maybe, but I can't fault a guy for being excited about an ace. And while obviously Ricky's group heard it (the tees are only about 150 feet apart), it didn't affect any of them.

I get that he's known for having angry outbursts that can be just as loud and potentially distracting as this ace celebration and maybe both should be held to the same standard, but let's face it, happy celebrations are just more socially acceptable even in excess than fits of anger.

https://youtu.be/bmJdT7oIvYg?t=13m38s

Here's an example of why Locastro's celebration was just a douchey thing to do.

And? This sort of thing happens all the time on PGA events and their huge galleries. Real pros deal with it and move on...

Someone wants to wear their heart on their sleeve for scoring an ace in a huge tournament, let 'em. We need personality in this sport. Not boring stoicism.

Really, that wouldn't even be the least bit annoying to you as you're standing on the pad getting set to drive?

A little hootin' and hollerin' is to be expected, but Nikko acted like he just aced to win World's... a little over the top in my opinion.

Really, that wouldn't even be the least bit annoying to you as you're standing on the pad getting set to drive?

A little hootin' and hollerin' is to be expected, but Nikko acted like he just aced to win World's... a little over the top in my opinion.
While it's a bit more than I would celebrate, I wouldn't ask anyone to curb their enthusiasm on something like that. I don't think it's any more annoying than hearing the unexpected chains of a putt nearby the tee. If you know someone just aced and you know it was Nikko, you know what to expect at least for a few extra seconds.

Celebratory judgements aside, for the commentator to blurt out "oh not again" when disc golf is mentioned is just f¿ck!ng rude and unproffesional. Thats a perfect example of the seeds planted that keep the sport from growing. Say some youngster was watching that and when they said "disc golf" his ears perked up and he thought: oh cool! But then he hears "oh not again" and then concedes that: no, clearly its not cool, nevermind. Another potential player detoured right then. Thats absolutely terrible.

Say some youngster was watching that and when they said "disc golf" his ears perked up and he thought: oh cool! But then he hears "oh not again" and then concedes that: no, clearly its not cool, nevermind. Another potential player detoured right then. Thats absolutely terrible.

The same commentator goes on to say a little more subtlety "I'm not a huge fan". People will have there own opinions, some people will say things like that because they truly don't enjoy disc golf. Some people may say things like that as a facade that they aren't jumping on "the bandwagon". Some people might think the highlights are awesome but won't run out to the local course the next day to play.

At the end of the day, the ESPN anchor is just voicing his opinion, it's up to the company to reprimand him if they see it fit. If ESPN received enough backlash from the disc golf community over this then maybe they would make an apology statement... But really, who cares about that guys opinion?

anybody know which announcer said "oh no not again"? I think we should pool our resources and have a starter pack sent to his office at ESPN.

Celebratory judgements aside, for the commentator to blurt out "oh not again" when disc golf is mentioned is just f¿ck!ng rude and unproffesional. Thats a perfect example of the seeds planted that keep the sport from growing. Say some youngster was watching that and when they said "disc golf" his ears perked up and he thought: oh cool! But then he hears "oh not again" and then concedes that: no, clearly its not cool, nevermind. Another potential player detoured right then. Thats absolutely terrible.

Any potential player that would possibly be "detoured" from trying something off the opinion of a sports personality on a channel fewer and fewer people are watching is a corporate sheep, a malable soul, and a worthless and weak excuse of a human being who doesn't have the balls to think for himself. I could care less if such a person never takes up disc golf. One less idiot drawing disc chargers on benches.

Celebratory judgements aside, for the commentator to blurt out "oh not again" when disc golf is mentioned is just f¿ck!ng rude and unproffesional. Thats a perfect example of the seeds planted that keep the sport from growing.

Lol, "keep the sport from growing." Give me a break.

Let's ask Innova if they'd rather keep all disc golf coverage off of Sportscenter until Buccigross (not John Anderson, btw) apologizes for his harmless sniggering over those vids. I wonder if Dunipace & co. would be down with throwing away all that free exposure.

Disc golf on Sportscenter is sports and all sports are entertainment. Many ESPN anchors have said plenty worse and made much less funny comments about NFL, NBA & MMA and those sports seem to be doing ok.

Say some youngster was watching that and when they said "disc golf" his ears perked up and he thought: oh cool! But then he hears "oh not again" and then concedes that: no, clearly its not cool, nevermind. Another potential player detoured right then. Thats absolutely terrible.

The next time some potential disc golfing kid takes his cues on what's "clearly not cool" from a bitter, humorless dead-end ESPN hack in his late 50's wearing an absurd dye job, like John Buccigross, will be the first.

If disc golf fails to grow it won't be because disc golf highlights began appearing all the time on Sportscenter stating in 2015. And it won't be because John Buccigross tried to ad lib some pathetic joke over one disc golf highlight.

Even though Sportscenter ratings have been plummeting for years, it still reaches a wider audience than any previous disc golf audience ever, by a factor of many 100's. Some nitwit anchor calling it frolf can't spoil that kind of exposure.

If you want disc golf to grow, you won't mind what some Sportscenter anchor calls it or says about it, as long as they are talking about it. And that its on TV to begin with.

#thinkofthechildren!

:|

I thought his comment was hilarious.

I kind of felt the same way. Too many aces in disc golf, not really that exciting. And not really sports center material.

Don't understand your point at all. Didn't influence Ricky at all... and anyone can wait to make a throw anytime there is a "distraction"... you're not forced to throw while a deserved celebration is taking place.

It didn't affect Ricky, but it was obnoxious. They were on another hole and they had to listen to Nikko shouting like a frat douche for over a minute.

Nikko just has no class.

Latest posts