• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Dominator & Mamba On The Loose

I've got about a 325 foot arm.

Thrown flat, is a very slow turn til the end of the flight and fades down.

I can't quite control hyzer or anhyzer throws to the point of reliability, but when I tried hyzers it was primarily straight shot with just a bit of rightward play in the air. Thrown on an anhyzer (which are overly drastic when I throw them) it prompted to flip into a roll after about 200 feet.

I've been using a Vision for my distance disc and this was very nice with it.

I'm almost tempted to put it straight in my bag to play with for anything I dont want to go left on (RHBH) for my noodle arm. I really liked it

List of discs they could get rid of or turn into limited production imo:
Groove
Wahoo
Xcal or Max(to me they overlap a little)
Monster(why get a monster when you can get a Firebird)
Monarch
Viking
Sidewinder or Roadrunner(kind of overlap)
Spider
Skeeter
Cro
Wolf
Hydra

I mean some of these discs are good, but to me, they clutter up the Innova line and give them a bad name. Another thing about Innova, not that I am against because my bag is almost all Innova, is their lack of discs in premium plastics. DX Rocs are great, but you can go get a Z Buzzz for 13 bucks where a Champ Roc is very expensive. If they would make a stock run of Champ Roc's or something to give Innova throwers a more durable disc for a better price, I believe more people would throw Roc's. I know several people who love Roc's, but throw Buzzz's because you can get the premium plastic.

Now on topic, I like the Mamba idea. Sounds like it may be a winner. But I could do without the Dominator.

The Xcal is an absolutely amazing disc with tons of glide and massive D! I like the fact that the Max, T-Rex, Xcal, and Ape are all almost the same disc at different speeds, allowing you to get a disc that will perform the way you want it at the rim size that is most suited for you.

I guess I'm sorry that you feel that some discs should be removed but variety is the spice of life and what your saying sounds really bland. I mean do we need a Teebird if the Eagle X is more stable?

I went out and threw a friend's Mamba today, and holy crap was it flippy. I generally throw everything with a bit of hyzer flip, but the Mamba was basically a roller on anything other than the most severe hyzers. I tried to throw a regular BH roller, and it literally turned all the way under and landed on the flight plate. It was among the most absurd things I have ever done with a disc.

Sounds perfect for Feldberg's Skymahawks!

Has anyone tried throwing a thumber with the Mamba? It's pretty crazy, it acts just like the epic by barrel rolling twice and then flying straight

Latest posts