• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Don't be a DB!

We went out to our local course and some ass had driven a truck out on all the fairways and did donuts.

Now THAT is a dbag.

We went out to our local course and some ass had driven a truck out on all the fairways and did donuts.

Now THAT is a dbag.

We had a similar situation with following exceptions:

1) It was dirt bikes instead of trucks

2) It was an actual sponsored event where the dirt bikes tore up the fairway. It has been going on for years, an annual event that normally does nothing harmful. I did not even know they did it. Yet this year was the worst because they did it after a really heavy rainfall. The grass was destroyed and the sponsors profusely apologized for letting it get out of hand.

3) Later that evening after the dirt bikes were done, then someone drove on to with their truck and mess it up further.

I played in the snow once... it was chilly. I didnt notice if I "stamped down snow" on the tee-pad or not... I just went out there to play.... I guess that makes me a DB....hmmm... oh well.

Cool story bro.

Yeah, I don't think those three people are DB's, I think you are just an angry person. You should have beaten them to the course and....done whatever you all do in the snow to make it better. :D

"These guys played in the snow and stomped it down so now its icy and my WHOLE WINTER IS RUINED!!!!"

Pshh whatever. Disc in the snow sucks anyway.

We had a similar situation with following exceptions:

1) It was dirt bikes instead of trucks

2) It was an actual sponsored event where the dirt bikes tore up the fairway. It has been going on for years, an annual event that normally does nothing harmful. I did not even know they did it. Yet this year was the worst because they did it after a really heavy rainfall. The grass was destroyed and the sponsors profusely apologized for letting it get out of hand.

3) Later that evening after the dirt bikes were done, then someone drove on to with their truck and mess it up further.

I assume you are talking about Bassett? Yeah, those weren't dirt bikes.

Dirt Bike:
kawaski-kx-100-dirt-bike-2008.jpg

Mountain Bike:
Mountain-bike-jump.jpg

You don't wanna see what that course would have looked like if they allowed dirt bikes on it. :p

I went to play my local course today for the first time since we had our huge snow storm last Monday. The last three days have been over 40 degrees, and a lot of the snow has melted. Here we originally had 22 inches, but it has melted down to about four. Three people as a group went to play yesterday. I could tell by the footprints. Instead of kicking the snow off of the tee pads they just tromped around in it. Now since the temperature is back in the twenty's and will be for the rest of the winter, all the footprints have turned into super hard ice. If they had cleared the tee pads off it is highly likely that the tee pads would be in great shape today, but since they just tromped up tons of footprints in them they are totally unusable. They are so bad that you can not even do a stationary throw from them. The ice ridges from the footprints make it impossible to find even half way decent footing.
Since there were three people it would have taken all of thirty seconds to clear off the pads and make them better for everyone. But since they did not now we all are screwed for the rest of the winter, or until I go out there with a steel shovel and spend half a day chipping ice footprints off of them. When I am the first to play after a snow I always kick the snow off of the pads, and drag my bag from one end of the bench to the other to knock off all of the snow. I know for a fact that those who come after me are better off for having a clear place to sit and to throw. It only takes a couple of seconds to make a difference. About the same amount of time as it takes not to!

To the sons of motherless goats who screwed everyone else:
I hope someone kicks you in your bone smuggler for being a DB.
The green disc that you lost on #17 is still there. Go find it! I will give you a clue as to where it is. Look to the right side of the fairway about 80 feet down the hill. Good luck not killing yourself on that incline which is unclimbable even in the summertime. Yes I put it there for you. It was ten feet from the basket.
Next time think of those who come after you, and try to make it better for them. Not ten times worse!
To the rest of you I am sorry that I had to rant, but hopefully some DB out there will read this and stop and think and try to make a difference that WE WILL ALL BENEFIT FROM. It only takes a few seconds!

In all fairness . . . the issue is that not everyone can realize that stomping down the snow makes the pads worse for absolutely everyone afterwards. If everyone brought a shovel with them . . . this is disc golf guys . . . we do our own maintenance for the most part (if you want to hire anyone talk to me, I am ready, willing and able, for the right price). If everyone brought a shovel that would be better, except for those people playing immediately after the shoveling. I have always found that at that stage the pads are more slippery with no snow on them! However I will always bring a shovel to a course that I know gets played a lot in winter. Other courses I know rarely get played so I dont expect perfect conditions I may not bring the shovel out with me. But I have 2 courses I will always shovel because I know a lot of people play them and I feel I owe it to my fellow hardcore players to do it if I am the first there.

I assume you are talking about Bassett? Yeah, those weren't dirt bikes.

Dirt Bike:
kawaski-kx-100-dirt-bike-2008.jpg

Mountain Bike:
Mountain-bike-jump.jpg

You don't wanna see what that course would have looked like if they allowed dirt bikes on it. :p

I am talking about Bassett, and I stand corrected. The story I was told involved dirt bikes. I saw some of the carnage but I was reliant on someone else to tell me the story. I should have known they would have embellished a little.

Time to add the folding shovel attached with a carribeaner for the winter months? Oh and the bag of sand! I love the snow:)

In all fairness . . . the issue is that not everyone can realize that stomping down the snow makes the pads worse for absolutely everyone afterwards. If everyone brought a shovel with them . . . this is disc golf guys . . . we do our own maintenance for the most part (if you want to hire anyone talk to me, I am ready, willing and able, for the right price). If everyone brought a shovel that would be better, except for those people playing immediately after the shoveling. I have always found that at that stage the pads are more slippery with no snow on them! However I will always bring a shovel to a course that I know gets played a lot in winter. Other courses I know rarely get played so I dont expect perfect conditions I may not bring the shovel out with me. But I have 2 courses I will always shovel because I know a lot of people play them and I feel I owe it to my fellow hardcore players to do it if I am the first there.

this. it just so happens that i am never the first one out anymore

As a Southerner, it would not have occurred to me that stepping in the snow on the teepads in New England would turn them into ice for three months. We just don't deal with that kind of situation in the Sunbelt, where a snowfall is lucky to survive a single day on a concrete surface. Maybe these three guys were making a road trip, or were in town visiting family for the holidays? I think you jumped to an unnecessary conclusion here.

Latest posts