• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Drivers with the most turn AND fade

It might surprise you to hear this, but I think you're looking for a katana. The only thing I've thrown with more turn and fade was a jacked up (ootb) DX beast.

Legacy Icon Cannons have a lot of Turn and Fade.. Cannons arent known for consistency though so its hard to find the ones with a lot of turn but they are out there. I have a purple icon one that turns hard yet still fades back at the end.

Last edited:
The prob with this question is that it depends on the thrower. We are all on the quest to find the max distance driver that turns and then fades for the wide open bombs. The disc changes as well as our power increases so there is no right answer. Last year for me if was a fresh star wraith. I could bomb it 325 about. This year I throw about 360 max and the wraith is too flippy but the icon outlaw is slightly beefier so its perfect. Next year if I'm hitting 390-400 it will prob be an outlaw in a more stable plastic or higher plh or a less beefy destroyer.

Some discs I've had luck with for this slot at different power levels:
Thunderbird
Saint
Saint pro
Wraith
Outlaw
Volt

Your looking for something overstsable with lots of glide without it being a meathook. The longest drives turn just to the point of flipping and then slowly fade back. Once a disc starts turning over move up in stability just enough to get that perfect s curve without having to cheat and release it on an anhiezer.

I agree with Katana, Cannon, Thief and would add an Avenger, Flash and OLF. The numbers suggest the Renegade fits the criteria, too, but I haven't thrown one. Also the Flow is like a faster Thief.

Something megafast. The higher the speed, the more the fade.
Try a Westside King in VIP plastic.

In my experience, this is the disc that fits best what the OP is searching for. It definitely turns at HS and most definitely fades at LS. The disc needs quite a good deal of left to right space and little to no headwind to go. But baby, it will go!

Would it not be possible to make any overstable disc achieve the desired flight with an anhyzer release?

I see Kodachrome said the same thing.

Would it not be possible to make any overstable disc achieve the desired flight with an anhyzer release?

I see Kodachrome said the same thing.

yeah but its a different line given how OS the disc as well as the speed dicatates when the fade will kick in and how hard. A disc like an eagle will flip up with slight turn while still fading back at the end.

Axiom Clash comes to mind... few other molds which lose their HSS before the LSS but I don't like to throw those much and rather toss an OS disc like you mention.

The first time I threw a Katana up to speed, it freaked me out. I thought I turned it over and it was just gonna keep turning right. Sure enough it hooked up and faded back left to finish nicely. The only thing about a Katana I didn't like was the fact that I'm just now able to throw it. When I first tried it it was a meathook for my slow arm, but now it's one of my go to discs.

I get good turn, fade & distance from my Prodigy D3 -2,2......I have a seasoned Rampage that turns big time but fade back just as much, flies like -3, 3

Good luck!

I agree with Katana, Cannon, Thief and would add an Avenger, Flash and OLF. The numbers suggest the Renegade fits the criteria, too, but I haven't thrown one. Also the Flow is like a faster Thief.

Renegades don't really come back very well once you turn them. Yes to the Flow.

I get good turn, fade & distance from my Prodigy D3 -2,2......I have a seasoned Rampage that turns big time but fade back just as much, flies like -3, 3

Good luck!

Rampages that get beat in are amazing, they will turn and hold long turnovers that come back hard at the very end, fun to watch and super reliable for long anny max distance lines that you don't want to burn. You can put them on a hyzer and get a slow turn throughout the flight that goes to flat and then pans right for a while then a reliable fad at the very end.. love those.

I Still think some good soft purple icon cannons are a better overall big S turn/fade though if you get em up to speed.

Isn't this the line an Axiom Clash was designed to do? Good turn with a hard fade. Mine works good for this shot and so does my very seasoned Servo

I use thrashed DX Firebirds for this. They flip like a pancake but still have enough low speed fade to fight out of becoming a roller. Great specialty disc that I rarely hear mentioned.

Yes, like most folks, I would say a beat in disc may work best for this. Out of the box I would also say Pro Katana. For the first time ever, I may not agree with Pmantle and say the new Flows are too stable to get much turn. Usually everything he writes is exactly how I feel or what I would write.

Latest posts