• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Drivers with the most turn AND fade

cjskier

Double Eagle Member
I'm looking for a new driver, something with a lot of high speed turn, yet a lot of fade. Most flippy discs never fade back for me. I'm currently throwing a Gstar tern for this shot, but there has to be something better out there. Suggestions please!

discs aren't really designed to have a lot of both, ever. you'd have to give a distance driver with a lot of turn enough height for it to stall out and fade.

maybe start throwing something stable with anny. that's your best bet IMO.

otherwise the only thing i know of from experience would be something like a p line dd2. the higher in speed you go, generally the more turn/fade you're going to get. those seemed to bite hard at the end, but you can flip them too far as well. either way since they're not designed to have a LOT of fade, you can't really do anything about it.

you pretty much see some turn and some fade, or a lot of turn and some fade, or no turn and a lot of fade, but the only way those with big turn numbers are going to be able to fade a decent amount at ALL is if you throw it sky high. numbers are liars.

Last edited:
Katanas do this shot pretty good if you're trying to let the disc do ther work but like koda said try throwing something like a Destroyer on an anny. It'll execute the shot you want much better.

i suppose i should add that yes, if you beat the **** out of something like an enforcer/PD2/nuke OS/firebird on purpose it'll probably be able to do it eventually.

Oh my. I have a super old, like super super old, pat # "twelve time" Firebird that is retardedly beat and it does what you're saying so sweet. I can throw it high and flat and it turns like nobody's business and then fades out finishing left. It's so cool to watch.

Variations in profile aside, the wider the rim the wider the action overall.
Star Katana and Vulcan from innova both have a net of 6 between turn and fade.
An anhyzer ape will produce a more extreme version of the destroyer shot thats been suggested.

I think some other brands have gone slightly wider than Innova.
A Nuke OS or a Missilen might be the most extreme anhyzer S-shot on the market.

Don't laugh, but the more recent runs of BeeLines from ABC discs (lime green and orange in particular) do exactly that. The combo makes them perfect for big distance shots in the open field, but almost useless for actual golf lines... Unless you want something that's easy to flip up that then hooks pretty hard.

Your best bet for this type of shot is to get a Stable to Overstable driver and throw a flex shot where you release it on a high hard anhyzer and it fights out of it and fades back. . For Me, I have found the C-PD to be good for this. It is a very underrated shot to use.

Star Katana and Vulcan from innova both have a net of 6 between turn and fade.

The Katana and Vulcan won't fly very similar. In my experience the Vulcans have been really flippy with hardly and fade and Katanas have had a strong turn (not as much as the vulcan) and an equally strong fade.

And the Katana turn/fade numbers equal 0 while the vulcan equals -2.

What is it about the g* Tern that you don't like? It doesn't fight back out of an anny enough? What is it that you want it to do "better"? If its more fight back fade you want, maybe try a heavier Champ Tern. If its a faster disc you want, try a Star Katana. I love my G* Tern a lot but I will say that it tends to fly "straighter" than both my Champ and Star Terns so....

The Champ Katana is a good one for this. I throw one sometimes and it goes about 350 turning and then catches a sharp fade the the remaining 30-50 ft.

I'm currently favoring a Pro Wraith in that slot thought and it doesn't have the same fade. Especially after a bit of use.

The Katana and Vulcan won't fly very similar. In my experience the Vulcans have been really flippy with hardly and fade and Katanas have had a strong turn (not as much as the vulcan) and an equally strong fade.

And the Katana turn/fade numbers equal 0 while the vulcan equals -2.

I was referring to the difference between the two numbers, not the sum.

Something megafast. The higher the speed, the more the fade.
Try a Westside King in VIP plastic.

Spend a year or two beating in Star Destroyers :O

This. Go somewhere that sells used discs, find the most overstable molds, find the most beat up of them. For me, it's an ESP Flick. It's the flippiest disc in my bag, and still one of the most overstable finishes.