• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Driving Putter in Premium plastic

Star Mirage IS US but has a very special rim, and it´s fast. . more like a 4--speed like the SOL

Magic, Spin and PA4 are all nice US throwing putters. . but after trying them all for years. . i bag a CryZtal Fierce, it has it all.

Fierce and two Envys (Electron and Plasma) are a really nice kombo. . throw in a K1 Berg and a Zone and the throwing putter slot is perfection

Is it actually US? I feel like the Tui, Proxy, etc (discs with that x/x/-1/0 kind of numbers) are historically HS stable with just minimal fade.

I love the proxy. Feels so good, and flies like a friggin laser. But it is still pretty stable at low speeds.

Guess it sounds like I am looking for something that can turn (not burn) on a good rip and hold a straight line on a low power throw.

Oh, I despise searching for the Goldilocks disc.

Sounds like you need to beat that proxy in more

Had a throwing putter battle at the field last week. Although I don't putt with them, the lucid judge, along side of a beat in classic judge for turnovers had been in my bag. I had an envy (electron soft I believe), K1 Reko, K1 soft Reko, New Reko X, the judges I know well, and a Pilot.

There is a ton of love for the envy on here man, my god. I dig the flight, but that thing feels crappy in my hand. We just don't get along and I had to come to terms with it. The new Plasma one does feel better for me in the shop, and its beautiful, but I couldn't justify spending $20 for something that probably would just mess my brain up.

The Pilot is an interesting one. Cheap price for the plastic you get. Flies so well. I had actually thrown a few putter rounds with it. It just tanked quicker than the lucid Judge, but flew the same lines. Lucid Judge won a month ago over the pilot.

The Reko's I really hadnt thrown much to be honest because they were debagged from my actual putting putter collection. LOL Holy crap. The softer one was too soft in the heat. The regular K1 flies just dead straight and with 10-15 foot longer than the judges nearly every single time. It is a lazer. The Reko X flies really straight out of the hand, with a late fade that I loved.

The premium plastics just wouldnt turn over for me like the line that I love the beat in classic judge for, so it stayed. The lucid Judge replaced by the RekoX (just feels so dang good) as my stable'overstable option, and I put the Reko in as well as my straightest flyer. I have no idea why I am carrying 3 throwing putters....but for now thats the line up.

Either way, I think the Reko deserves more love. Thanks for listening.

Spin is a great true speed 2 understable putter in premium.

Mirage is faster but also understable off the shelf in star.

Gross. You actually like the diamond plastic?

Their newer diamond stuff is excellent. Diamond wizards have always been kinda bulky to me, but the plastic is excellent now compared to the older stuff I have.

Their newer diamond stuff is excellent. Diamond wizards have always been kinda bulky to me, but the plastic is excellent now compared to the older stuff I have.

Agreed, I have 3 Diamond Warlocks I acquired in the last year or so. One reminds of big Z/ Ti and was pretty slick at first, the others are a matching pair and very similar to CryZtal. Good glide and beefy by Warlock standards. Good complement to a thrashed Glow I bag for straight to turnover shots.

Gross. You actually like the diamond plastic?

Bought my first one last summer and thought it was great. Bought more. Then once the heat died down and we got our drier cooler temperatures it always felt like they didn't want to sit still in the hand. Love the colours, hate the grip unfortunately. I'll stick with the firm and pure plastics, even though it's not premium.

The only throwing putter I have outside of that in a more premium plastic is the plasma envy. Used it for awhile, and the grip is fine for the most part. The colour is horrible for visibility so the season has to be right.

Well after recently ordering a handful of putters… the new sky god 4 feels the best hands down. This new c-line plastic is $

I tried to like the spin as an US Putter, and couldn't get my hand to stop occasionally shanking it. When it released fine it was awesome, but the "when" in that sentence killed it. Tried the fierce, but finally settled on a PA-5 in 500 plastic.

I tried to like the spin as an US Putter, and couldn't get my hand to stop occasionally shanking it. When it released fine it was awesome, but the "when" in that sentence killed it. Tried the fierce, but finally settled on a PA-5 in 500 plastic.

solid choice.. pa5 flight is great, just feels a little off in my hand

Threw a buddy's Lone Star Benny (beaded Penny) in their Star/ ESP equivalent blend today and was rather impressed. Feels like a beaded Roach/ Challenger in stiffer FLX. It took power really well and would fight out of anhyzers without being really overstable. Very capable of 300'+ drives.

Latest posts