• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Driving putter

The Proxy is dead money straight with virtually no fade. If you want to add a touch of fade then go Envy. I bag both and couldn't be happier with them as my approach/short drive combo.

I don't even drive with my Wizards, but (^) that is ridiculous.

No. Just the envy part. Ion is thr correct answer. You should start driving with your wizard... DaFuq?! Why are you even commenting lol.

Ion/proxy are too legit. You would be mad at what i make those bitches do.

No. Just the envy part. Ion is thr correct answer. You should start driving with your wizard... DaFuq?! Why are you even commenting lol.

Ion/proxy are too legit. You would be mad at what i make those bitches do.

I drive with Zones, Classic Rocs, Tanks, and Aviars. Whatever suits my mood. Wizards are great flyers but the soft shoulder and deep rim never clicked reliably for me. Also, the Proxy recently surprised me with its dead-nuts-straightness.

You should start driving with your wizard... DaFuq?! Why are you even commenting lol.

Here are the putters in my bag right now:

Putting/upshot Wizards
Driving/upshot Tank and Proxy
Driving/approach Zone and Classic Rocs.

I've been tossing Your Mom's Salad a LOT lately Aim.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 40
Deez nuts came from great seed. I told you.

Still silly to not drive wizards and bag all that bs. You're a hawt mess.

Deez nuts came from great seed. I told you.

Still silly to not drive wizards and bag all that bs. You're a hawt mess.

They're all just frisbees. They're all good ones too. I throw them all at baskets. Or in fields. Or in the parking garage under my office building. Or in the street while I walk my dog.
There might be different ones in there next week. Probably will. I'll throw those at baskets too.
But those two wizards will still be there, Stickin' Putts.

Since this thread is off track, I'll suggest a Big Z Roach. Not nearly as OS as a Pig or Devilhawk. If that's what the OP is looking at, then the thread should have been called "suggest a driving putter that won't flip when I reef the crap out if it"

A Big Z Roach drives a lot like an Aviar. I like the really rounded nose on it though it seems like a really versatile tool.

If you want an OS putter to drive with that you can MASH, you can't really go wrong with a stiff Pro Pig or a Scale.

Since this thread is off track...

Thread wasn't off track at all. The point was that there are LOTS of good driving putters. From old school classics like Classics to brand new gimmicks like gyro. Throw the ones that give you good results and/or make you smile. When one doesn't work for you, try to recognize why (Wizards are a touch too deep for me at 1.8cm plus the rounded shoulder) and save yourself the trouble of same-mistake-twice.

Ren, it's a Glo Z Zone that TBird handed me at the Cincinatti airport. And BrentJ tracked down for me after I lost it at Highbridge. And it's glorious.

OS driving putters: Zone / Rhyno
Stable: Wizard or KC Roc
US: Voodoo or Hunter

Pretty much, you can drive any putter if you have the control. Just grab a stack and head to a field and see what you can do. Scale...pffffft. If I wanted to throw a cow-pie, I'd move to Wisconsin. Oh wait...

Latest posts