• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Driving putters.

I've mostly switched to the Nova... I know, I know... I plan on shooting a vid throwing every hole at Reedy Creek with just the Nova... just need a couple GoPros... I am a serious Firm JK thrower... I have a stash for when mine get a little too beat in... now I don't know how much use they'll get.

Opto Pure, greatest driving putter out there. Very straight, but stable enough to handle some wind. good for controlled drives out to 300ft or so. Gold line beats a little more quickly, but starts out a little bit less stable.

Opto Pure for standard shots (hyzers, anhyzers, straight). 400 PA4 for hyzerflips and turnovers. ESP Zone for skips and overstable shots.

Soft Envy is my go to driving and upshot putter. Have a heavier Envy for a bit more fade, a soft Credo for my very OS putter shots, and a seasoned Ion for neutral shots. I also have an eclipse Anode that makes the bag depending on what else I'm carrying that day.

I'd go with a rhyno/zone/breaker ad one of your over stable putters. Then grab a champ aviar for stable, and a dx aviar for understable. If you like the aviar that much, it should work out.

I've mostly switched to the Nova... I know, I know... I plan on shooting a vid throwing every hole at Reedy Creek with just the Nova... just need a couple GoPros... I am a serious Firm JK thrower... I have a stash for when mine get a little too beat in... now I don't know how much use they'll get.

let me know when you post that video!
I love the nova for putting but driving feels a bit weird, mostly the way it releases from my hand.
Aviars in general are weird to drive with. I liked the flight of a kc aviar the most, but that disc ripped up my fingers too much.

P-P2, a great all around driving putter. I can't believe I only seen 1 other person say this so far.

P-P2, a great all around driving putter. I can't believe I only seen 1 other person say this so far.

I just switched to this. 170 gram orange P P2. I used big bead DX Aviars and some KC Pros. Loving this P2. Very straight, can handle some wind and will reliably fade back a little at the very end. Perfect for me. Do they make this in their C plastic?

I bought an Evo Wizard to compliment my normal putting Wizard (Soft S-Series Eraser). It's been awesome so far, but I've been turning it over pretty hardcore when I try to drive with it my last couple times out. I think I need to release it on a bit of a hyzer and let it flip up at this point. My spin and velocity has really been picking up recently.

Outside of drives, when I use the Evo Wizard on approaches with a fan grip, the amount of control is incredible. My short approach shots have gotten exponentially better recently.

Im a challenger nut use an esp flx, and a cryztal z for driving the flx is a tad flippier than the crystal but they both glide very nice for putters

Fresh pro-d challenger for lazer beams and a beat one for hyzerflips and smooth annys.

I really enjoy cranking my 400s PA4 on a hyzer line and watching it go dead straight and finish with zero fade. One of those discs that I took a chance on and couldn't imagine not having in the bag. I carry 3 Soft Banger GT's for putting and 1 that I use off the tee and for upshots. It feels so great in my hand and has enough stability to hold it's own in the wind. Since I play so much in the woods, I'm patiently waiting for Discraft to bring back the ESP Banger so when I drive it off the tee into a tree it won't break in so quickly. I emailed them about this and they said there is a good chance they'll bring it back.

Latest posts