• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Driving putters.

RedBear23

Bogey Member
I have been looking into getting a driving putter, but the only putter that I have seen that has driver in its name is the Aviar Driver/putter. Is the Aviar Driver/putter a good choice? I am used to using the Aviar mold because I have been using an Aviar putter ever since I started playing and recently bought an Omega super soft putter, which from what I can tell is the same mold as an Aviar.

Any advice would be appreciated. I tried looking for the thread about driving putters, but I was unable to do so.

Wizards will no doubt be recommended as a workhorse driving putter, along with the Ion, Anode, Judge, Pa1, Pa2, Challenger, Warlock and so many more.

You should look for a premium plastic putter whose flight you like or a fairly overstable basic plastic putter so that you can cycle them into whatever shots you wish to fill.

The Aviar Driver is simply the Big Bead Aviar. Yes the Big Bead Aviar makes a great driving putter, especially in KC Pro plastic.

Aviar Driver, KC Pro Aviar, JK Aviar, Yeti Pro Aviar are all big bead Aviars. The Yeti has a sunken top, but otherwise they're the same mold in different plastics. Wizards and Ions and Challengers are very similar beaded putters. All are great for driving!

Millenium makes the Omega and their Driver, and big bead driver are stiff like the Innova's KC pro Aviar. I use the Innova big bead DX plastic. Stiff and really straight.

The Omega is a former Aviar mold called the Small Bead Aviar. The Aviar Driver has a larger bead on it and is considered the Big Bead Aviar. There is also a no bead Aviar called the PnA (putt and approach).

Any putter can be used to drive with. I personally prefer the increased speed, durability, and feel of the Opto Pure. The Aviar and Omega tend to lose glide when molded in premium plastics whereas the Pure doesn't to suffer the same fate.

Many also choose the Wizard because it starts out a little more overstable like the Aviar driver but beats into straight like the Pure. That's not to say that the Aviar Driver won't season the same, because it will.

Any putter can be used to drive with.

This.

I had a gummy Q-Mega once. It was super nice, until I lost it. It was also clear. I don't recommend clear discs.

But a big bead Aviar should feel pretty close to your Omega, and fly nice too.

Have been a true and blue kc aviar user for ten years. Yet I'm not a fan of approach shots with them 80% of the time. At 200' or in I've got use to a beat classic aviar. Laced and trusted. Always thrown fan grip. Recently have been throwing a mcpro 50-200' out. Little more to set it on the line I have been use to. Not sold but something is there to keep it in my bag.

This.

I had a gummy Q-Mega once. It was super nice, until I lost it. It was also clear. I don't recommend clear discs.

But a big bead Aviar should feel pretty close to your Omega, and fly nice too.

Woah, i have one probably from the same mold.
I have a super gummy clear qmega which is so straight.

My putter is bb driver in star plastic. In star plastic this thing will last a lifetime. I like the way it feels in my grip, and the way pointer rests in the bead. I never drive with it though..... I would imagine the bb makes it more stable/ over stable, for a putter anyway. So you can prolly put snap into it without it turning over as easy. The few times I have tried to throw it hard, I hung up on the rim and tugged it to the right.

i putt with kc pro aviars and also us them for long approach shots.for driving however,i use an opto pure from lat 64.

driving putter

there is only one good answer.

Pure_O_Pink__37379.1383503688.1280.1280.JPG

because you will notice it says "short range driver" right across the top
(I also like a zone)

MVP Ion.

It's very similar to the BB Aviar.

One of the most versatile putters in the game, the Ion is equally comfortable from 10m, or off the tee.

I use wizards now, but ions, pa 1-4s, pures, and ridges are all great. I do not like driving with floppy putters, but soft-er is pretty nice. It is all preference. I like to get a slightly overstable mold and work some in.

Latitude Pure in Zero Hard works well too, producing a bit more High Speed Turn.

Once you figure out how to drive a putter well, then you can move up to mids and distance drivers. My first good looking drive was on an Innova Aero. I quickly outgrew that and moved to an Innova Dart. I still use the Dart for approach shots alongside the Pure, though they overlap quite a bit.

Latest posts