• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Driving Putters

MVP Ion in Medium plastic, slighty over stable. With the over mold on the rim that thing will take a good beating with minimal wear. I grip locked one into a brick wall and could not even find a mark where it hit. They are reasonably priced. I have 4 of them. They are my go to driving putter, all purpose putter

Throwing footage in that video is pretty much the perfect showcase for your putters, much better than the earlier one (shot during the winter?). Though I might recommend you use a couple more takes to get the voice overs down without stutters, and invest in a better microphone. You really should also match the background of the picture of the disc to the background of the video, or create a clear contrast. Now it just looks cheap.

I would also go with the Ridge. Got a nice, true flight, and it's not going to deform. Any "base" or "soft" plastic putter is going to deform when you hit stuff with driving force.

Has anyone tried the Yeti off the tee? I have yet to throw one at all. I'm anxious to, but I have a couple Focuses I use for putting. I too am in need a putter for driving, but I don't like the feel of Wizards or Ions. And will Innova please make a regular production of an XD in either Champ or Star or both!

Last edited:
I'll throw in a base plastic choice for the Classic Roc. I don't putt with it but for long approach shots and drives it Rocs! I also use a Focus but it doesn't have the glide of the CR.

MVP Ion in Medium plastic, slighty over stable. With the over mold on the rim that thing will take a good beating with minimal wear. I grip locked one into a brick wall and could not even find a mark where it hit. They are reasonably priced. I have 4 of them. They are my go to driving putter, all purpose putter

If you like mediums for driving, you should try a soft. Instead of taking a ridiculous bounce off of a tree they bounce a couple feet to the side of the tree and not 50' into the woods.

I'll throw in a base plastic choice for the Classic Roc. I don't putt with it but for long approach shots and drives it Rocs! I also use a Focus but it doesn't have the glide of the CR.

The new Am World Star Classic Roc rules (and Rocs)! I'm not much of a backhand player but am able to drive it 310ft+ fairly reliably. And the kicker is that I can putt just as well with it as my big-bead Aviar. Winning! :)

I've just ordered another black one from DD and hopefully will pick up two more next week. Been waiting a long time for a decent run of the Classic Roc and it's time to stock up.

Latest posts