• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Driving The Off Arm/Shoulder?

Keeps the arm in tight to prevent swinging out of balance into the brace and facilitates faster rotation around your pivot, much like a figure skater pulling in the arms to spin faster. It doesn't really start anything in and of itself, but it is good to do.

Yeah, it's one of the few adjustments that's easy to incorporate and see instant distance increases. It threw me out of whack at first though, because I had been using my off-hand arm to sort of counterbalance and keep my driving arm on plane. Keeping the arm in threw off my system and introduced some OAT into the equation that I had to fix.

I call it a swim move. It initiates weightshift/body rotation, but also counters the throwing arm at the end pushing away from the rotation. If you throw in a pool you will figure it out quick why Avery, Wiggins, and GG rear arm goes backward at the hit. Marc Jarvis puts the rear hand on the rear thigh to use as leverage, so the thigh is acting more like water to push against rather than thin air.