• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dual Monitor Wallpaper

wkelly42

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I REALLY want some disc golf wallpaper for my dual monitor setup. Does anybody have anything that's around 3360x1050 (or could scale to that size)? Everything I have found so far is for single monitors, and those look really bad when you scale them.

I can probably Google this, there's a way to use one image spread over the to monitors? My set up had the same image on both screens...

I can probably Google this, there's a way to use one image spread over the to monitors? My set up had the same image on both screens...
You need to find an image that is the width of both monitors, then all you do is set the image to tile when you set up wallpaper, and you're good. With mine, I've got 1680x1050 on both monitors, so I need an image that's 3360x1050 to cover both.

The problem is finding disc golf images that are that large. There are plenty that are 1680x1050, but none for dual monitors. And when I scale them up in GIMP, they're out of proportion. I guess I'd need something 1680x525 to stretch it out and keep the proportions right.

Since you have GIMP, find an image larger than you need or with the highest resolution you can get, then crop the image to your required ratio keeping the part of it you like. You should be able to scale that to whatever size you need while not skewing it. Your only problems might be pixelation if your DPI was too small

Google has some tools available to find an image size you are looking for or at least closer and editable :)
K0ZTdFc.jpg

You need to find an image that is the width of both monitors, then all you do is set the image to tile when you set up wallpaper, and you're good. With mine, I've got 1680x1050 on both monitors, so I need an image that's 3360x1050 to cover both.

The problem is finding disc golf images that are that large. There are plenty that are 1680x1050, but none for dual monitors. And when I scale them up in GIMP, they're out of proportion. I guess I'd need something 1680x525 to stretch it out and keep the proportions right.

I have Photoshop so no problem on sizing images to fit your needs. Do you have an image or two in mind you want to use? Let me know I should be able to whip something up quick and email it over.

I have a work screen in 1680x1050 but my gaming screen is 4k in 3840x2160. Makes for a funky format to find pictures for.

Latest posts