• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

dumb question about Lake Tahoe DG

danhyzer

Birdie Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
not being from this area. I was wondering if all the mountain DGC are playable with all the snow you guys this past winter/spring? I know this is a dumb question, but I'm thinking of traveling elsewhere because I heard that some ski resorts had some trails open for the 4th of July.

I was planning to visit mid to late september.

Appreciate any help.

im not from upper Nv, but i think you should still check it out no matter what. Zephyr Cove IS the best park in all of Nv. I asume that it would be fine visiting during that time. I am unsure but doubt there will be snow, maybe a bit chilly though.

I used to line in Norcal. You will be fine. In the real snowy years there will be some snow and summer skiing into May, but by now those courses should be easily playable. I'm freaking jealous. Enjoy the mountains.

We were up there in early June and all the courses where clear of snow. Only a few small patches at Tahoe Vista.

All courses are 100% snow free except for kirkwood and squaw. The other six have been snow free for days. By the time u come all 8 will be ready to go. Hit me up if you want a guide. Northshore doubles are sun-tues-wed-thurs. Best time of year is september. If you can only play a couple play zephyr and tahoe vista for sure.

All courses are 100% snow free except for kirkwood and squaw. The other six have been snow free for days. By the time u come all 8 will be ready to go. Hit me up if you want a guide. Northshore doubles are sun-tues-wed-thurs. Best time of year is september. If you can only play a couple play zephyr and tahoe vista for sure.

How close is Squaw to being playable, Joe?

Just played Zepher Cove a few days ago. Beautiful course, one of my top favorites. Deffinitly not chilly, mid to upper 70s.

I'm glad I asked. you made my decession alot easier. Now I got to plan and see how the numbers jive to see if this trip becomes a reality. Thanks to all the responded.

hyzer

I'm glad I asked. you made my decession alot easier. Now I got to plan and see how the numbers jive to see if this trip becomes a reality. Thanks to all the responded.

hyzer

I just returned about a month back, and 6 of the 8 in the area were open and playable. Zephyr is a must play, I have to agree with others sentiments there, but there are also other great courses to play. While there, we did Northshore area on Sunday (Tahoe Vista, Truckee, and Sierra College) all were great, but the back 9 at Tahoe Vista are sadistic, it was very challenging and lots of fun. A few days later on Wednesday, we went and played Turtle Rock, Bijou and Zephyr. Again three great courses.

My personal opinion is that once Sierra College is finished, it will be the premere (sp?) course in Tahoe. Have played Bijou and Zephyr twice now, once last year in April with snow all over the place and then again this year in June with no snow. Both times lots of fun. If you have time, and can schedule all 6 you wont be dissapointed.

Latest posts