• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dumbest move you've made in Disc Golf?!? Anyone find a retriever at Saddle Hills DGC?

TxDiscGolfBoy

* Ace Member *
Silver level trusted reviewer
What's the lamest stunt you've ever pulled in a game? I'm not only talking about shots, but everything. I'm talking about fallin' in water, slip off a t-pad maybe, left something behind, or something.

ME -- I believe I have pulled the stupidest move ever made...personally...in disc golf....

I toss one of my rocs into a creek. I can barely see the the disc in the high water from the snow-melt. I turn the disc over with the retriever, then it wedges itself under a root-wod in some super strong current to be lost forever.
In the process of trying to poke around with a stick under the roots, which had no success, I left my stinkin' golden retriever just laying in the snow. Woke up this morning to find out that it wasn't in my bag....

.... making this a $45 + loss in one day. I give this one a 9 out of 10 on the "Dumbass" scale.

I highly doubt it, but if someone were to return it, I'll give you 15 bucks towards the cost of you're own...though you have your own now, don't you?

Reedy Creek here in Charlotte is known for being heavily eroded. I was driving off tee-pad #8 (which because of said erosion is raised about 8 inches off the ground at the end of the tee-pad) and still watching my disc sail through the air and, *CrAcKLE*CRUNNNNCH*.... AGHHHHHH!.... I rolled my ankle bad. I thought I had broken it. I had to hobble back to the car and felt like passing out due to the pain. It was excruciating. My ankle hasnt been the same since. I tore the ligaments BAD. Blood came to rest internally at the bottom of my foot due to the tearing.

What did I learn from this episode?
1. WATCH your footing on follow throughs.
2. Wear shoes (high top boots are the best) that have sufficient ankle support. At the time I was playing in some Tiger Asics.

I rate that about a 9.5 out of 10 on the scale of stoopiditty..... Needless to say I learned from it!

About a year ago , I was standing on the tee, with 403ft to the basket. I had a bunch of friends with me, and I told myself "I am going to really rip this disc". Well, I wound up my x-step so hard, that after I let go of my disc, I lost my balance, and I went ass over tea kettle off the tee, and busted my ass right there in front of everyone. I was so embarrassed.:doh:

2nd would have to be....

Crossing the creek at Z-Boaz Park, going up the other side of the bank, and pretty much did a belly flop into the side of the bank. Disc golf bag jumped up to my shoulders and the next thing I remember, there's about 15 discs rolling out of my bag, up my neck, and down the hill into the water. The creek never looked more colorful....

...almost as colorful as the laughter from the 6 buds playing with me and the group of 5 behind us on the t-box.:doh:

WillACarpenter tossed his retreiver onto thin ice trying to save on of my discs and I tossed my dog's leash into a lake trying to retrieve on of my discs.
I have had to jump into the water in my underwear at Como Lake, Parma, and Luther Britt.
Also at MCC I slipped in the mud infront of WillACarpenter and his father and DiscJon and his father.
At Beaver Island I threw my disc into a tree and threw my bag to get it and got my whole bag stuck in the tree.
and finally at Emery Park I left my shoes on top of the car as we drove away.

i got caught in thin ice about 20 feet from shore and had to jump the last six feet to my friends arms. it kind of looked gay and my feet were soaked but we saved a $40 disc!

This didnt happen to me, but one of my friends. There was a group of like 6 of us. One guy goes up to the t-box and says its time to unleash the beast. He tried to throw it as hard as he could and he yelled really loud when he released it. The only thing is he power griped it and hit the tree just about two feet off the t-box to the right, and it came back and hit him in the chest. Not only that he was off balance and when the disc hit him; he fell to the ground. I have never laughed so hard on a disc golf course in my life.

Hole #7 at Sequoya park, 130 of the most evil feet in disc golf (well this time).
c3c0b5f2.jpg

The other side of the pin is a pretty good hill, I think my wife had 3-4 roll aways and ended up with an 8. Luckily she found it as funny as I did because I am pretty sure she would've kicked my ass for laughing as hard as I did.

It was bad enough that I pulled a 4 (2' drive off the tee helped that case) but the 8 was just hilarious.

Most humbling damn 130' I have ever seen...and of course it started with "Damn, look at this easy 2"

I was playing GG in San Fran and it was early in the morning with moist grass. I had a whack drive and all I had was thumber to the basket. Anyways when I ran up to my lie to throw I stepped on my disc and slipped out and landed straight on my back in the wet grass. Felt pretty stupid. Either that or once in a tourney I was looking for this guys drive next to a creek, stepped on a rock and slipped into knee deep water. This was 3 holes into the 1st round. Had to play the rest of the day with wet boots. Now I bring xtra shoes to tourneys. :doh:

I was playing GG in San Fran and it was early in the morning with moist grass. I had a whack drive and all I had was thumber to the basket. Anyways when I ran up to my lie to throw I stepped on my disc and slipped out and landed straight on my back in the wet grass. Felt pretty stupid. Either that or once in a tourney I was looking for this guys drive next to a creek, stepped on a rock and slipped into knee deep water. This was 3 holes into the 1st round. Had to play the rest of the day with wet boots. Now I bring xtra shoes to tourneys. :doh:

I always bring a full change of clothes to tournaments. You just never know. I drive for a living, and one night, I was out, and I didn't have any extra clothes, and I ripped my shorts all the way up the middle. They were an old pair of shorts that had been washed just one too many times, and they just couldn't take anymore.

Two hours later, I get pulled over by the Highway Patrol, and I am standing there with my underwear showing. This old country cop looks at me and says "What happened to your britches?" I tried to explain, but I don't think he believed me. I now never leave town with out a full change of clothes.

I took a good friend of mine out for his 2nd time ever late last fall. I originally had set him up with a DX something or another and a putter, which he lost during the first round we palyed. So before I take him out for his second round we stop on the way there and he buys a champ leopard (under my guidence).

So, we step up the tee on a hole that runs parrallel to the creek. I take what would be a "local line" and park it. I warn him not to try it because it involves keeping the disc low with an anny release and if it hyzers at all, it's in the creek. I might as well have dared him to try. So he tosses his disc in the creek then proceeded to toss 2 more of my discs into the drink throughout the round.

To make matters worse, one of them was a custom dye that I was trying to sell and got an offer for that night.

Moral of the story: don't leave your crappy discs in your garage when taking a new player out to a course with water.

Sorry no slipping, falling or getting wet. Just stupidity!! :p

@ Giles, there are 2 tees & 2 pins on each hole. In our Ice Bowl last month in the long format, yeah, I did, I putt at the short pin on #8.
What a Dullard!!! :thmbup:
Actually glad I missed the putt.

Dude, don't take a newbie to a course like that!!

most of the time the water isn't really an issue, but in the late fall there were no leaves to help some an errant throw. Even then it's only 2 or 3 holes that are a problem. And believe it or not it's by far the easiest local course I have, at least in terms of being short and open.

I have kind of a funny story. My buddy lives across the street from a pond, the pond has to be about 400 feet accross. So after about a case of beer, me and my buddy start talking about which one of us could throw a disc over the pond. We had several more beers and worked up some liquid courage and went over to the pond. We both took two throws and to make a long story short there are now 4 discs at the bottom of the pond accross from my buddys house.

Latest posts