• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dye ideas for a pink Force

Pete Kwaz

Birdie Member
K, so I finally got my hands on a new Z force. One problem, its redish pink with purple stamp. Though highly visible, its not quite my style. I'm looking for a cool design I could put on it. I'm thinking a simple black dye of some sort or simple pattern, maybe some 3 or 4 sided blade design. Anyone have any stencil images that look good, or other thoughts to make it look nice? My comfort level of stencil work as far as intricate cutting is about what you see in my avatar, so nothing too wild.

If you are looking for simple, black dyes, check out some of my dyes in my album.
No problem w/ you copying anything (if you see something you like, that is).

A buddy of mine put Yoda on his pink Force. The hardest part was getting the wrinkles on the face proper.

02-ahsoka_800x600.jpg

this here be a large, HUGE image:
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/5/59/Ahsokainfobox.jpg

Thanks for ideas all. Keep em coming as I have an orange ESP force awaiting a Dye job at some point.

To Fixit: yeah I see how its done. How would you recommend doing the cutting and transfer as all those pieces appear to be free and unconnected to each other. Should I cut them completely then mask them over with the tape, or apply the transfer tape, then finish the cuts on the tape?

Thanks for ideas all. Keep em coming as I have an orange ESP force awaiting a Dye job at some point.

To Fixit: yeah I see how its done. How would you recommend doing the cutting and transfer as all those pieces appear to be free and unconnected to each other. Should I cut them completely then mask them over with the tape, or apply the transfer tape, then finish the cuts on the tape?

I cut directly on the disc *gasp!*. Since most of my dyes are of the simple, geometric type, I apply the contact paper (yes, plain old contact paper) directly to the disc.
I then proceed to ensure there are no bubbles, draw my design on, then cut it out. I use a nice sharp exacto blade, and DO NOT apply alot of pressure, just enough to cut the paper. Weed and proceed...
Hope that helps!

Latest posts