• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Felon

Never tried Riot...

Faster and a more stable than the escape, but has a rounded underneath edge. In really liking it, great for sidearm release and also skip shots, since it has less resistance and drag than a harder angled edge on the ground.

Anyway, I'm sure we're gonna start getting allot more info on this felon. Some rat bastard will drop a dime

Like a Riot?

Riot is pretty wide rimmed and speed 11. Not much was said to me about speed but I never got the impression it would be a distance driver. More of a fast fairway roughly between the XXX and Saint Pro for stability. Wouldn't surprise me if it was rated at 11 though if it turns out to be that much faster and longer than the Escape. Maybe a 10. Two big discs that were thrown by a few of the old discraft sponsored guys are the predator and force. These two new ones could be similar enough that it's not an issue. I find the enforcer a more overstable force when new.

A definite need for their lineup for sure. Will maybe get me actually working on a sidearm throw. :eek:

Last edited:
Going by the specs it has more dome then a XXX, very slightly sharper rim, smaller (21.2 - 21.5). So going from that it won't be as stable as a XXX, Tad more glide and a bit faster. Interested to see.

He said it wouldn't be just a meathook and only some similarities to the XXX in overall shape. I got the impression it would be more user friendly and not just dump to the left but he did say plenty overstable. I think he was going off what Tomas had said none of the protos had arrived yet at that time. Hopefully they'll be out by this time next month and I can use it in the Trilogy Oppna.

I stopped by DD after my meeting downtown and talked to Toby about the Felon. Release will probably not be until after August and maybe deep in to September or beyond. There might be some mold changes to produce flatter results. He said it's already flatter than a XXX but they're looking for crazy flat like 11x firebirds. It's also not going to be a really sharp rim but more of a blunt style like the XXX but I already knew that. Should be quite a good bit faster than the Trident though so probably a 9 or 10 speed rating. We'll just have to see.

So this isn't just a beefier Escape, hmmm. I figured that was the logical direction. Something like a PD fighter.

Looks like maybe PDGA numbers were off or they just sent them a domey one. Surprised that it's a FB/XXX style disc actually. Will still end up trying one but was hoping for a PD like disc actually.

I'm still waiting for the overstable Escape. I've got PDs to hold me over in the meantime.

So this isn't just a beefier Escape, hmmm. I figured that was the logical direction. Something like a PD fighter.

Looks like maybe PDGA numbers were off or they just sent them a domey one. Surprised that it's a FB/XXX style disc actually. Will still end up trying one but was hoping for a PD like disc actually.

Me too but I also see the need for something like this. A lot of the newly sponsored DD and Lat64 players love the trident and so do I but something that is faster and longer would fit. Not everyone likes the XXX and I know I wish there was something slightly less OS. I still would hope to see an OS escape type driver so I'm going to keep being a bother whenever I can about it.

There wasn't a proto in store to look at and ask for some pictures. It was at his house but like he said it might get some changes. He definitely said it was already really flat but they're just going for flatter. I don't know what that means for glide but I assume it will be fast and a lot of skip with little glide. That still leaves that spot for something like a PD or slightly more OS saint pro type control driver. Fingers crossed.

Wouldn't a OS Escape be a Saint pro. Because isn't a saint an escape. I'm pretty sure I'm right, or at least 50% sure ;)

Wouldn't a OS Escape be a Saint pro. Because isn't a saint an escape. I'm pretty sure I'm right, or at least 50% sure ;)

Pretty sure they are completely different although similar flight and close specs.

Saint has a 1.9 rim, 1.2 deep, rim conf 29.25

Escape has a 2.0 rim, 1.1 deep, rim conf. 27.75

PDGA specs, assuming those are accurate then no, not the same.

^ second this! The Escape measures and definitely feels shallower and wider in the rim...

IMO, the Saint Pro is the same bottom and core as the Saint, but with a blunter edge wing and flatter top. Remarkably same feel, but with usefully different flights. :thmbup:

Kind of yes kind of no. You have to remember that each company is looking to fill their lineup and not trying to copy other molds from the two and at the same time not shying away from similarities just because one has a mold like that already. One manufacturer but three independent companies with their own vision on how they want to fill their line of discs.

I think the saint pro actually is more different from the saint than the escape and saint are. The saint pro is slightly slower and a blunter edge. It wouldn't have to just be exactly like an escape with more stability just something with a fast sharp rim around speed nine or 10 that is able to hold up to more headwind than the escape. That's what I'd like to see. I don't know if the felon is going to be that or not. I think it could find a place in my bag as a faster trident on it's own if that's how it turns out.

Kind of yes kind of no. You have to remember that each company is looking to fill their lineup and not trying to copy other molds from the two and at the same time not shying away from similarities just because one has a mold like that already. One manufacturer but three independent companies with their own vision on how they want to fill their line of discs.

I don't have a problem with this. Of course all the companies "copy" and "modify" each other. They're frisbee a for gods sake, they're gonna be inherently similar...

(I think going crazy different like the misselen is somewhat grasping at straws although I get what they are trying to do.)

I am fine with my escape and saint pro both next to each other in my bag. And I don't need something named an Escape Pro to do what my Saint Pro does, ya now what I mean?

Anyway, the Felon... :cool:

I was hoping for something only a little more overstable than the Saint Pro.
This sounds like it will be a lot more overstable.

I actually wouldn't mind getting a true "Trilogy Firebird" finally, since the XXX just doesn't feel right for me. I'm just worried that with the blunt wing someone mentioned, this will be just a flatter/faster XXX.

In addition to the FB the other thing we are still missing is the "Trilogy PD" (Escape Pro?). Then I'm happy and can freeze the bag for a while. :)

^^Firebird's have a blunt wing
Point taken. :eek:
Hadn't really realized that during the few times I've thrown it (trying to keep a Trilogy bag).

I don't know what it is then, but for one reason or another the XXX feels much "glumsier" / "more blunt" than the FB based on the few times I've thrown the two side by side.

I actually wouldn't mind getting a true "Trilogy Firebird" finally, since the XXX just doesn't feel right for me. I'm just worried that with the blunt wing someone mentioned, this will be just a flatter/faster XXX.

In addition to the FB the other thing we are still missing is the "Trilogy PD" (Escape Pro?). Then I'm happy and can freeze the bag for a while. :)
I'm with you here. The XXX is just too flippy/glidey for me. I've been waiting for a year and a half now for something that could fill that slot in my bag that the Champ Glo Firebirds used to hold. The biggest gap in the Trilogy lineup right now is without a doubt the truly unflippable overstable mid, and the truly unflippable fast fairway driver. (so, basically: replacements for my ESP Zone and Ch Glo FB) I'm sure they're coming down the pipe, and I've found ways to throw those shots with the discs available to me as a team member but man I just haven't found the true replacements yet.