• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Felon

I have 4 Felons. The first two I got were actually quite straight, like a OS teebird, so I use them for those types of shots. I picked up two white lucid Felon and those things are REALLY OS. The only fairways I throw now are the felon, convict, and a saint. The Felon can cover a lot of shots depending on how seasoned they are.

The first felon I've bagged (still bagged) has beaten into a very sweet spot. I have used it allot for thumbers, so that speeds things up a bit. So does playing Oregon disc golf...

Out of curiosity I had to order two GBO Hybrid Felons. Got them yesterday and man these are sweet.

I'm not sure if Hybrid plastic is the same as on those opaque Lucids you see sometimes, but these two feel absolutely perfect. They are just a bit stiffer than some Lucids, the surface is really smooth but tacky and they've molded up beatifully.

I think these are what the Felons were designed to be. Flat with a slight gradual shoulder at the edge. Very blunt nose and even the finishing is great. No real flash to speak of, but at the same time they haven't carved out huge chunks when finishing them.

Flight-wise these are quite close to Fuzion Felons so really OS, but not XXX beefy. It could be just the excitement speaking, but these also feel a bit faster than the Lucids as I could constantly match or beat the Lucids in distance even with the added stability.

Guess I'll bag one and see how the plastic beats in. :thmbup:

Anyone have any info on how the bios beat in? I have a beast in moonshine that is straight on a flat rip, with a good fade for the last 20% of the flight (out to about 350'). I just picked up a bio, and I'm hoping it beats in quickly and becomes a disc that can be thrown with a slight hyzer, pop to flat (maybe slight turn), and fade at the last 10%.

love my pink 167/8 bio felons. I'm sure they'll break in quick but for now they are perfect os beasts.

The two lucid felons I just got fly almost identical to my old flat z predator. Almost impossible to find the predators that I like now so might make a huge switch. My stack is basically gone :( The felon may be an easy to find replacement.

Got to try the Felon for the first time at the Dynamic Discs 2-Disc challenge event...really liking it so far! Now I see what all the hype has been about.

I can confidently say the felon will never leave the bag. Between my max weight sparkle, beat 172 lucid, and beat 167 bio, every possible line from meat hook to straight with very late fade is covered. What's nice is the beat bio holds great annys with a late pan out. The lines remind me of the harp.

How does stability compare in regular Lucid vs. metal flake/sparkle Lucid vs. Fluid? I just got a metal flake Lucid, quite flexible, that I am comparing to a run of the mill champ 12X Firebird with dome (I have thrown several Firebirds and am used to their stabilities). So far it seems to be a similar slot to the typical 12X FB, but with a glidier beginning to the fade and maybe a little easier to handle powered down...maybe less skip by a bit because of flexibility too.

Basically, is there any difference between this sparkle Lucid and typical Lucid, and is the Fluid more OS? I am lucky that I don't like the stupid stable FAF Firebirds, so the Felon seems to be a good stability. But, are regular Lucid slightly less OS or the same as metal flake?

I like my blank top felons that are candy like plastic. They have a good amount of tac on them.

I like my blank top felons that are candy like plastic. They have a good amount of tac on them.

Yaaaaas. Those amber first run felons are one of my top 5 discs of all time.

I only have lucid felons. Sorry I can't answer specifically. But every other disc I've thrown different plastics of, fluid is indeed more OS and by a nice amount too.

The fluid felons are silly overstable. I don't believe sparkles affect the flight of a disc other than being in a potentially more over/understable run of discs.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The fluid felons are silly overstable. I don't believe sparkles affect the flight of a disc other than being in a potentially more over/understable run of discs.

Do the fluids mold up a little domier?

Excellent, thank you. The sparkles aren't as extreme as Innova metal flake type stuff, so I'm not surprised if it doesn't affect it much. I can't wait to do some more A/B with the Firebird, and also to get an opportunity to throw them against strong winds. I do prefer the Lucid over Champ plastic, and the forehand grip of the Felon...but I am very used to how Firebirds act from throwing them for a while.

Do the fluids mold up a little domier?

not in my experience. my two Fluid Felons are FAF. and yes, more overstable, and less glidey.

Sparkle does not seem to affect stability. Fluid if you want beef. Recycled if you want less beef and a quicker cycle.

I'm really liking the Felon, it's probably taken 70% of the shots away from my champ Firebird. It's weird, they are almost the same disc but the Felon just feels better and flies a little more mellow. I feel like I can back off on the Felon and it won't punish me. In the open they can do all of the same shots, but I do prefer the Firebird for aggressive spikes as the less glide and higher HSS means it never deviates from its line. The only real difference is if I want to throw an extremely HSS shot I trust the Firebird more, and it will aggressively get into its fade and skip sooner, as well as knifing down.

Even though the flights look and feel different to an extent, they often end up within 10' of each other...for the most part they are redundant discs (if the Firebird isn't FAF). It was super windy today and I threw a FH hyzer on a blind hole that's around trees, about 280' to the pin...this is where they ended up when I walked around the corner. Basically the same purpose even though one sweep faded and one knifed in.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Felon Firebird.jpg
    Felon Firebird.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 179
How does stability compare in regular Lucid vs. metal flake/sparkle Lucid vs. Fluid? I just got a metal flake Lucid, quite flexible, that I am comparing to a run of the mill champ 12X Firebird with dome (I have thrown several Firebirds and am used to their stabilities). So far it seems to be a similar slot to the typical 12X FB, but with a glidier beginning to the fade and maybe a little easier to handle powered down...maybe less skip by a bit because of flexibility too.

Basically, is there any difference between this sparkle Lucid and typical Lucid, and is the Fluid more OS? I am lucky that I don't like the stupid stable FAF Firebirds, so the Felon seems to be a good stability. But, are regular Lucid slightly less OS or the same as metal flake?

My only experience with Sparkle v. regular Lucid is in my Pures, which (for those that might not know) are putters. I don't find the discs to be appreciably different, especially after I seasoned them in with some use.

I have a Fluid Warden, but the Warden does not come in Lucid (yet). I'm not a big fan of Fluid; YMMV. The Fluid is softer than Lucid. I've read that Fluid is more overstable than Lucid, but I cannot confirm that from experience.