• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Ranger Backpack Review

WhiteyBear

Eagle Member
Did a 5 minute review of the backpack. Just to get a little first hand knowledge and insight on the matter. Hope you enjoy :)

Here are the vitals;
Link to the Bag Site
  • Limited Lifetime Warranty (Covers defects in materials and workmanship)
  • Engineered with a low center of gravity to keep your bag upright
  • "On-Deck" putter pocket holds 2 putters for quick and easy access
  • Molded back panel minimizes contact points and allows for cross ventilation
  • Large main disc compartment that holds 18+ discs
  • Large main storage compartment
  • Collapsible stool holster, also functions as an optional 2nd water bottle holder
  • Exterior water bottle holder
  • Exterior towel clip
  • Removable lightweight disc divider located inside main disc compartment
  • Oversized reinforced haul handle for ease of operation
  • Stretch mesh exterior pocket for scorecard, pencils, mini disc market, etc.
  • Water resistant bottom material with reinforced feet to keep your bag off the ground
  • Velcro opening keeps the over-flap clear of discs for easy access
  • Internal zippered mesh pocket for a more secure storage solution
  • Two external accessory pockets for sunglasses, wallet, keys, cell phone, etc.
  • Designated bag tag attachment loop
  • Volumes: storage compartment - 500 cubic inches; total - 1600 cubic inches
  • Rigid construction using 600D Poly and 400D Dobby Nylon Oxford fabric

Good video man! It looks like a pretty solid bag. I really like the big storage spot up top. I simply can't get a sweatshirt or any clothing in my Grip.

i carry my bags sometimes on my left shoulder. if this bag had the putter pockets on the other side of the bag, i would be able to grab my putter with my right hand before taking my bag off and setting it on the ground. had this been the case id sell my grip and get one of these....

Hey uh its not letting me see the video, as in not showing up at all. I would like to see what your review is, could you possibly post a link to it as well?

Solid review. i was actually debating between this and the DualPack...I got the DualPack for really cheap (free) so it won, LOL. This looks like it could be a real good option.

I wish Dynamic would have done this early on. I may have waited for this instead of buying a Grip. Good video! One request would be better lighting :) Thanks for making it for us!

I wish Dynamic would have done this early on. I may have waited for this instead of buying a Grip. Good video! One request would be better lighting :) Thanks for making it for us!

I agree on the lighting. It's difficult, even with good lighting, when dealing with black fabric though. Despite the "substandard" material (hopefully they age well), this looks like a great bag. I like the side putter pocket and how everything is separate. The stool pocket and clip looks like it'd hold an umbrella too. That's a very nice feature. :thmbup:

I definitely appreciate the walkthrough. Thanks for taking the time! I wrote off the bags because of the material quality, but if my Ergo doesn't work out this will be on the list.

i got my fingertips on a Ranger this weekend. The main disc storage space wasn't wide enough (between front and back of the bag) to store large-diameter discs without cramming them in. NO WAY i'd use one of these bags. Also the shoulder straps weren't very long. I don't think i would be able to wear the bag with my winter coat on.

very dissappointed.... extremely happy i was able to see the bag before purchasing.

Which large diameter disc(s) didn't fit in the bag nicely? Just curious. I still like the look of this bag.

I also got to try one this weekend. I really liked it - better quality than what I was led to believe. My only complaint was that the shoulder straps seemed thin and narrow. I'm used to Quadshocks, but these seemed like they would cut into my shoulders if the bag was fully loaded. I may be wrong - I only carried it for about 3 inutes and it wasn't completely full.

Which large diameter disc(s) didn't fit in the bag nicely? Just curious. I still like the look of this bag.

pretty much anything that wasn't a narrow diameter driver. Prerube and I tried putting a buzz directly in the middle, where there would be the most play/stretch... they would fit in the bottom front of the bag. it just isn't wide enough. No way to get one in the farthest sides of the bag without bending/warping the discs.

The putter pocket is awesome, however a testiment to main compartment not being built right... Put the buzz in the putter pocket and you'll clearly see the buzzz is a larger diameter than the bag is because the putter pocket expands out beyound the diameter of the bag.

Maybe we were looking at a lemon. But it was VERY obvious the one we had in our hands was poorly designed to carry discs.

OH... it wasn't a Buzzz... it was a DD Suspect!!! Yes, we were so shocked of the poor fit, we tried DD brand discs in the DD brand bag and they didn't fit.

:gross:

weird, My Suspects, Lucid and Bio Fusion, both fit in my bag along with my other DD discs, My 10yr and origional BS buzzzs, and glide. You don't get much larger than a glide without going Zepplin, zephyer or condor crazyness and well, not many bags are really set up for those.

I agree the shoulder straps seem like the weakest point of the bag. Very light weight feel to them. Seem under built for the job they have to do.

weird, My Suspects, Lucid and Bio Fusion, both fit in my bag along with my other DD discs, My 10yr and origional BS buzzzs, and glide. You don't get much larger than a glide without going Zepplin, zephyer or condor crazyness and well, not many bags are really set up for those.

I am willing to accept that the bag we fondled was an anomaly, but ya'll be warned there may be more like it.. :\

OH... it wasn't a Buzzz... it was a DD Suspect!!! Yes, we were so shocked of the poor fit, we tried DD brand discs in the DD brand bag and they didn't fit.

:gross:

A Suspect isn't even that wide of a disc. Condor throwers beware!

Pretty sweet bag, but was their thought "lets make this sweet bag, and just sew little pockets on the side wasting good real estate" ? And one water bottle holder :( I know it has the top compartment, but cmon...fade crunch/lite style :(

Latest posts