• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Eagle and Stalker

mickas

Eagle Member
I currently throw stalkers for almost all my stable fairway shots from 290-350 feet. At this distance the stalker goes STRAIGHT and then fades a little at the end, just like a longer buzzz (exactly...). Anyways back to the main point, at this distance would there be too much overlap carrying the eagle with the stalker, or how would it's flight differ from the stalker around this distance?

They're really completely different discs that have entirely different flight lines. The Stalker will hold the line that you put it on and usually have a small fade at the end unless you put it on too much of an anny line. The Eagle has more high speed turn AND more low speed fade. You can get them to land in the same spot, but they're going to get there in their own way. Their flights definitely differ, but they pretty much cover the same distance and stability range. You just have to decide which line you like better.

They're really completely different discs that have entirely different flight lines. The Stalker will hold the line that you put it on and usually have a small fade at the end unless you put it on too much of an anny line. The Eagle has more high speed turn AND more low speed fade. You can get them to land in the same spot, but they're going to get there in their own way. Their flights definitely differ, but they pretty much cover the same distance and stability range. You just have to decide which line you like better.

This, plus if you beat an Eagle enough, it will perform the same flight as the stalker. I like Star and DX. Champ is a bit beefy.

This, plus if you beat an Eagle enough, it will perform the same flight as the stalker. I like Star and DX. Champ is a bit beefy.

just guessing... but if the eagle gets seasoned, is it not a flippy disc? with a straight flight?requiring hyzer to fly straight though?

my understanding is tht the stalker is stable like the buzzz but not flippy (hence it holds whatever line you put it on)

No. they are nothing alike. I would call the stalker more like a shorter TL. The eagle in star plastic is over stable and will hold long hyzer lines. It has a lot of fade and great glide. And good luck trying to get it to hold an anhyzer.

x2^ it also depends what stalker your throwing. if its a light weight ...in my experience most of em you have to hyzer flip to flat to go straight. where as my proto stalker (175) can be released flat with a little anny and it will go straight. your fine with carrying an eagle and a stalker. i do this now and for shots that require a little more snap or if theres a slight headwind i toss the star eagle. if i need a lazer beam or a slight anny with hardly any fade,ill throw my stalkers

No. they are nothing alike. I would call the stalker more like a shorter TL. The eagle in star plastic is over stable and will hold long hyzer lines. It has a lot of fade and great glide. And good luck trying to get it to hold an anhyzer.

I don't see these Stalker-TL comparisons at all, I've got two Z Stalkers and have owned three TLs in my life (still got one), and I'd say the Stalker is MUCH longer than a TL.

I really don't understand this, i keep hearing it, but it just doesn't compute. If you cannot throw a TL farther than a stalker it is because you are not throwing a TL fast enough. I currently have 3 TLs and 2 Stalkers and THE STALKERS WILL NOT OUT FLY THE TL'S. I can throw TLs over 380' I cant get a stalker past 350'

i was lookin at primes flight chart, they have it listed in 2 spots, slightly above the buzzz, and less stable than the crush???
i've always wondered which is right, didnt' see it on marshalls, guess i could check joes again...

on disc golf center they use the innova rating system on every disc they have, they have the stalker rated as a speed 10 whereas the eagle is a 7, this means they think the stalker is a maximum distance driver...

on disc golf center they use the innova rating system on every disc they have, they have the stalker rated as a speed 10 whereas the eagle is a 7, this means they think the stalker is a maximum distance driver...

I posed a similar question. Check out the rim thickness of the Stalker, I was told it is similar to that of Eagles/Teebirds/TL's. this would place it in the speed 7 catagory. The speed 10 stuff all seem to have a rim of about 20mm.

As was stated earlier by skurf (as I am going through this with Eagles and Teebirds) the Eagle will take more of an S curve line, whereas the Stalker and Teebirds will take more of a direct line. I'm still beating in a DX Eagle in to get to that point (seems pretty darn stable right now) but hope to get there and have two lines for the same distance, plus preferred headwind/tailwind/crosswind options.

The TL and Eagle are smaller diameter discs and should be capable of longer flights than the larger diameter Stalker. I would in fact go so far to say that the Stalker could almost be called a fast midrange, or a slow fairway driver depending on how you want to look at it. They are definitely NOT distance drivers.

Please don't take those third party flight charts, or even the manufacturer's flight charts to heart. A lot of discs on there aren't where they probably should be, and I have seen them move discs on relative to other discs on occasion. I believe Innova in fact has actually downgraded the speed rating on the Teebird, Eagle, and Firebird since I started playing in 2003.

Good point, take the firebird for example, Innova calls it a distance driver, though it is widely excepted among disc golfers that it is pretty much a fairway driver.

Eagle and stalker are not alike at all. if you don't have the best arm speeed yet, like me, the eagle is gonna be overstable, while the stalker for me goes straight for a long way. I prefer stalker and say its a speed 6.5.ascompared to an eagle's 7, and it has similar glide but no turn and a fade of 1, where eagle has very little turn and a fade of 3. a couple dx teebirds and beat them in.

dont mean to piggy back on this one but it seems a valid place to ask, where do the Eagle and Gateway Sabre stand?

dont mean to piggy back on this one but it seems a valid place to ask, where do the Eagle and Gateway Sabre stand?

Actually, I'd consider the Sabre pretty similar to the Stalker except with less glide.

Latest posts