• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

I've never thrown a DX Eagle with bad glide. Some beefy Stars and Champs, yeah, but not DX. Sounds like a dud.

The 11x L I have has very quickly become my go to for anything over 280' in the woods. So easy to shape just about any line, it's everything I always wanted an FD to be, just perfect.

I love my L molds. Such a versatile disc. Power down or up, FH and BH, open or wooded holes, I use the sh*t out of my Ls. Like you say, they just cover so many different lines.

Damn you eagle enthusiasts. After losing a perfectly worn 10x KC Pro Eagle-X(pro plastic, not champy) last fall, I was ready to give FD's a shot. However, after catching up with this thread it reminded me of all the eagle options I could try out as well. Perhaps there will not be an eagle migration out of the bag quite yet. Innova should definitely give Barsby the pro eagle.

Hopefully infinite discs does the exodus in pro. DO YOU HEAR ME INFINITE?!?! PRO EXODUSES (exodi? Exoducese?)

Either way it's cool to have someone putting out the L mold regularly, no shortage of X molds out there but also can be tough to find.

... but it behaved like a disc that only goes as far as the amount of power you give it, then drops down so it won't glide past the target...

^Yeah, that's about it. Although, in star or my favorite champ they'll have more fade so they'll crush the wind, handle sidearm torque, and love anny angles for s-curve ease aka "workable".

Hopefully infinite discs does the exodus in pro. DO YOU HEAR ME INFINITE?!?! PRO EXODUSES (exodi? Exoducese?)

Either way it's cool to have someone putting out the L mold regularly, no shortage of X molds out there but also can be tough to find.

Aye captain. We will see what the future holds, but that is noted. We do have another driver coming out in I-Blend (a new blend of Pro Plastic made for Infinite, apparently it's a driver pro that feels like a pro version of gstar).

But you didn't hear that from me.

So I played probably my best round to date on the wings of a trio of eagles. I was throwing a CE-L, a DX-x, and an 11x-L, in order of stability.

I was lighting up everything from 250-350 with these things. That 11x is pure gold, so smooth and just holds whatever line I want. The DX is a real shot shaper and was carving some pretty slick s lines all over the woods, and the CE was just straight to fade all day. It's the best fairway lineup I've ever found and will not be leaving the bag. The only change I could see making is working my star-X in to where the DX is now which should hold a good long time in that spot.

Also came back to see if infinite is making any headway on those secret blend exoduses (exodi?). What gives over there?!?! Tempt me to spend money damnit!!

So I played probably my best round to date on the wings of a trio of eagles. I was throwing a CE-L, a DX-x, and an 11x-L, in order of stability.

I was lighting up everything from 250-350 with these things. That 11x is pure gold, so smooth and just holds whatever line I want. The DX is a real shot shaper and was carving some pretty slick s lines all over the woods, and the CE was just straight to fade all day. It's the best fairway lineup I've ever found and will not be leaving the bag. The only change I could see making is working my star-X in to where the DX is now which should hold a good long time in that spot.

Also came back to see if infinite is making any headway on those secret blend exoduses (exodi?). What gives over there?!?! Tempt me to spend money damnit!!

What's the dome like on your 11x-L? I have/had two champ ELs and one was flat and just a line shaping machine but the domey one liked to flip harder. I can't remember if they were 11x or 12x though.

Blue is 11x, white is CE, orange is fresh 12x

CE plh is way higher, orange has what I call dome, at least it feels that way, blue is kinda in between

Attachments

• B5FA4E70-B7DE-4983-8566-14E7BA4B6975.jpg
    B5FA4E70-B7DE-4983-8566-14E7BA4B6975.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 48
  • A9C2ED2E-BB3B-48F2-9D7B-0B3F9460CC3A.jpg
    A9C2ED2E-BB3B-48F2-9D7B-0B3F9460CC3A.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 49
Damn you eagle enthusiasts. After losing a perfectly worn 10x KC Pro Eagle-X(pro plastic, not champy) last fall, I was ready to give FD's a shot. However, after catching up with this thread it reminded me of all the eagle options I could try out as well. Perhaps there will not be an eagle migration out of the bag quite yet. Innova should definitely give Barsby the pro eagle.

Between the different weights and plastics that you can get the EX in, I don't see the need for anything else.

A seasoned Star is a thing of beauty and sneaky long. I've had faster fairways seem like they go further but found that my DX and seasoned Star landing in the same area. They appear slower in the air but get similar distance due to their glide.

Is this a disc I absolutely need to try (like every other one). Good thing I want to

The great thing about Eagles is that they're always useful. The really OS ones are rarely ridiculously so and they don't really get really understable except in DX. And it's a good disc in every plastic it comes in.

And sometimes you find one that looks like pink glass:

uwVTdH2.jpg

This one is beefy.

The only reason I haven't bought one yet is because OS might overlap with my g star thunderbirds, stable with my teebrids, and understable with my valks. I'd still love to try one though

The only reason I haven't bought one yet is because OS might overlap with my g star thunderbirds, stable with my teebrids, and understable with my valks. I'd still love to try one though

Eagke is a good disc. Only reason I do not bag one is because the TB is much more comfortable in my hand

I would bag an Eagle if I could find a current production FLAT Star or Champ Eagle. I have some older opaque 12x and 11x Eagles that are flat (or close to it). They're great for forehand shots. All the new premium plastic Eagles seem to have a decent amount of dome to them. I would love to use Eagles as my primary sidearm fairway driver. I just hate throwing domey discs forehand. If I throw domey discs sidearm they always seem to come out with wobble. So for now I'm flicking Firebirds, Thunderbirds and Teebird3s.

I would bag an Eagle if I could find a current production FLAT Star or Champ Eagle. I have some older opaque 12x and 11x Eagles that are flat (or close to it). They're great for forehand shots. All the new premium plastic Eagles seem to have a decent amount of dome to them. I would love to use Eagles as my primary sidearm fairway driver. I just hate throwing domey discs forehand. If I throw domey discs sidearm they always seem to come out with wobble. So for now I'm flicking Firebirds, Thunderbirds and Teebird3s.

I agree a Egale 3 would be a nice disc to have, a nearly flat top disc that has micro dome the problem that majority of Champion and Star Eagles have at the moment. DX can find them but does not last as long in the right flight.

Last edited: