• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

Been doing a fair amount of field work with the DX Eagle - for a speed 7, this disc is long. I understand the enthusiasm.

Just picked up a pearly 175g EG marked eagle x at Infinite Discs today. They had an orange and burgundy one from the same run, both max weight. Also had an eleven time and some low 170's pat#'s. Someone should get them while they are still there.

I just threw my first DX Eagle yesterday. Man I really like it. Feels like the first time I threw a DX Teebird, but with maaayybeeee a microscopic amount more of OS. Either way Im loving it so far.

i have a white 148 dx eagle if anyone is interested lol.
very glidey and far with minimal effort. I used to be a huge eagle thrower but not so much nowadays.

Has anyone thrown the lightweight (150ish) Eagles? If so, is there any difference from heavier Eagles?

Has anyone thrown the lightweight (150ish) Eagles? If so, is there any difference from heavier Eagles?

I've got two. Star eagle x and a champ eagle l. Love them both. The star x is nowhere near the beefcake that my 175 champ x is, so I am still looking for a 150 class beefcake. The 150 class x can be thrown with a little hyzer into a headwind, flip up, and won't turn over for me. The L will turn over. Without a headwind, the L is sweet and straight with a good finish for me.

I went 150 class since I live in Okinawa and wanted to be used to them for any events I may play in Japan.

And I like Eagles. So there's still at least one person.

Ok for real though, I have a mildly domey 150g champ Eagle X, and a flat 150g 11x Eagle L that I bought by mistake.
The eagle x is about why you would expect. like a heavier version but less torque resistant, and more willing to hold a turn. Glides well, and has a bit less fade but enough to come back confidently.
The eagle l I have is actually pretty beefy for an L. Really straight, not much turn and not much fade. I don't have a lot of experience with the l mold, though.

Nobody likes Eagles anymore.

:wall::thmbdown:

More for me :D

Seriously, from new,seasoned, and beat, the EX is probably the best fairway driver. You can cover so many shots from the various plastics--even the coveted straight to no fade shot (DX or seasoned Star). People try to new, but don't neglect the tried and true.

Last edited:
Ok for real though, I have a mildly domey 150g champ Eagle X, and a flat 150g 11x Eagle L that I bought by mistake.
The eagle x is about why you would expect. like a heavier version but less torque resistant, and more willing to hold a turn. Glides well, and has a bit less fade but enough to come back confidently.
The eagle l I have is actually pretty beefy for an L. Really straight, not much turn and not much fade. I don't have a lot of experience with the l mold, though.

Seems like the 150 EX would be fun to throw. I been thinking about picking up in Star plastic.

I really fell in love with my 150 class Eagle L's this year. There was the typical variance disc to disc, with some being very stable with no turn, and a couple that I used that almost replaced my Leopards, they would turn a lot. I used the EL's as primary drivers in the fall when I disced down, found myself using them more than my Teebirds. I did start dabbling in 150 Eagle X's at the end of the year, Star was great, no turn yet, Champs were OS, great for flicking. Taking some time off right now, but will be using them as my primary fairway drivers this year.

Where are you all buying these champ 150 class Xs? I'm in Okinawa and can't exactly go to a store to inspect the difference between the L and X.

Latest posts