• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Eagle vs Thunderbird

Big Nasty

Birdie Member
Alright, the Thunderbird has been out for a little bit now so i wanted to see what people think about it compared to the Eagle and only the Eagle, so other manufacturers are irrelevant here. Discuss.

I have both. The Thunderbird has more beef, flies a bit further and skips more than the Eagle. The Thunderbird is now my favorite forehand disc. The Eagle "X" has some beef and is more controllable at lower power. Try to ease up on the Thunderbird and it turns into a longer Gator.

I've been using these disc together for the last few months, so don't know how they'll season in, but both of them made my bag pretty quick and I think the Thunderbird is going to replace my Starfire.

Thunderbird feels great in the hand, the plastic the champ came in is amazing. Feels like a beefier mold, but a lil faster. Still needs power to get out there, but very controlled, will fade/skip at end, some skip.

it's a different disc. Eagle is a classic though and very controlled with dependable fade. I used to toss an Eagle a lot. so, my guess is its a faster eagle with more apparent hyzer.

No dump for me. Lands within 15 feet of my seasoned 3rd run cpd

So, what you are all saying is. A thunderbird would fit well with my Leopard, eagle l, teebird, Valkyrie, fire chicken, krait, destroyer set up?

So, what you are all saying is. A thunderbird would fit well with my Leopard, eagle l, teebird, Valkyrie, fire chicken, krait, destroyer set up?

it would fit nicely between fb and valk

and be in between a tb and destro

From what I have seen from the kp kid throwing them around here, and he has a decent arm, they def are like a qolf in flight rather than a good cpd or spd. Some high speed turn. Can't comment on glide though, only saw a couple shots. He says they fly like a seasoned pd. He threw cpd.

So maybe like a champ eagle. Except they didn't seem to dump nearly as hard as a beefy champ eagle.

Obvs faster. *shrug* that's all I got. I haven't thrown one, but that's from playing with a kid who was sponsored by discraft for a while.

The Thunderbird has a similar flight path to an Eagle it's just much farther. For me flight numbers on the Thunderbird are closer to -1/2 than 0/2. It has some high speed turn and doesn't fade as hard as an Eagle. The Thunderbird is closer to Destroyer distance than Eagle distance for me.

Would you guys trust a Thunderbird into a strong headwind max distance flex shot?

For me it's a no. It doesn't flip out of control but it's not the best. I threw all three plastics into a headwind none of them were fantastic.

Latest posts