• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle

i bought a dx eagle on accident. (shopping on a time limit.) i thought it was something else. i hated that i bought the wrong disc.

i throw it more than almost anything now. i love the thing.

You know, the Eagle is one of the few classic Innova discs that I've never owned...

I see lots of love for the Eagle on these forums. Maybe it's time I give one a try! :thmbup:

Never understood the eagle. I own a champ max weight blue one. Threw it a dozen times or so and came to realize it was almost as overstable as a firebird...but shorter. Meh, moving on.

BTW 3 day weekend starts in 2 hours 4 minutes. The golf index for tomorrow is a perfect 10 out of 10 in my area. You know what time it is.

Make sure it's not an 11x too, those things are basically shorter Firebirds.

I do like Star and DX the best, I <3 this thread. :hfive:

I do like Star and DX the best, I <3 this thread. :hfive:

eegs.jpg

mmmm Eagles
me has
10x KC Pro X
10x KC Pro L
11x KC Pro X
11x Champ X
11x Champ L
all ~168
all sexeh $$$

Eagle Plastics/Variations

Right now in my bag I have a
DX Eagle-X 175
Champ 12x Eagle-X 172
Champ 11x Eagle-L 173

I got the 12x Eagle-X thinking it would be like the DX. It acts more like the 11x Eagle-L. Is this because of a mold change between the DX and the 12x just like Teebirds, and will a star act more like DX. I was looking for a more durable version or the DX, but looking like I might just have to rotate out DX.

When people don't specify Eagle-X or Eagle-L, can it be assumed they're talking about the Eagle-X? If that's the case, it seems Eagle-X's are most popular. How do they compare?

I got the 12x Eagle-X thinking it would be like the DX. It acts more like the 11x Eagle-L. Is this because of a mold change between the DX and the 12x just like Teebirds, and will a star act more like DX.
I don't think there's been a shape change for Teebirds or Eagle-X's. There's Teebirds, TL's, Eagle-X's and Eagle-L's but those are the only four shapes I know of. Differences in flights between runs and plastics have to do with how the disc "molds up" and cools, not because of actual mold changes.

My understanding is that the Star Eagle-X's act more like DX Eagle-X's than the Champ ones. If you like how the DX's fly, I'd go with them for a while to get some beat in. Once you have a small stock built up it may be worth considering the higher end plastics if you feel the need to do so. Keep in mind that if you have a couple DX's in your bag that they'll each get thrown less and last longer than if you only have the one.

What about the glow eagle? I found one of those. Throws pretty stable & short but I didnt give it a lot of ride time in the bag so who knows?

When people don't specify Eagle-X or Eagle-L, can it be assumed they're talking about the Eagle-X? If that's the case, it seems Eagle-X's are most popular. How do they compare?

I think that's as safe an assumption as can be made.
As far as a comparison if you have a X & L in the same run, same plastic, & same weight the L will be less stable.

a I understand it only the Star Eagle comes only in the X mold
so if they are talking star then it will be an X

otherwise an Eagle in other plastics could be either an L or X

and it really should be specified

I am not sure why Innova gives them both the same flight ratings

my experience would be that they both have similar fade but the L will be just a bit easier to turn

for me I get a longer straighter flight from an L but the X handles wind better

I love the eagle. Rare combo of stability and narrow rim and glide makes for a unique predictable manipulative disc. What I'd really like to know is why people hate the eagle.

I've never known anyone to hate the eagle. Pretty sure it's not possible unless you just suck.

:insert 2 disc douches here