• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

East Metro Park, Manor Texas

It's a good one, but don't let it break your enthusiasm cause its a real tough one as well

Just got back. WOW, what a course! My props go to Mr. Olse. Played the Am tees and shot an even par. -1 on the front nine and +1 on the back. Pretty much just played solid par golf with 2 birdies and 2 bogeys.

I can definitly see how the pro boxes could add some strokes, I'll try that next time.

My only complaint is the concrete tee boxes, I absolutely hate them for backhand throws........way too short.

I don't mind the cement tee pads at Lake Lewisville (Park) TX. Those are so long that you can do a run up on them. I also like it when they have a rough surface. The rubber tee pads really rock, but they do end up needing replaced after a while.

i have a friend who lives in manor, next time i visit her i may just have to get there a little early so i can play a round lol. the tee's at my home course i play all the time are east texas red dirt lol and they are level with the grass behind them so you can use as much space as you need. i see you are getting mighty close to 1000 posts donovan...almost there

i have a friend who lives in manor, next time i visit her i may just have to get there a little early so i can play a round lol. the tee's at my home course i play all the time are east texas red dirt lol and they are level with the grass behind them so you can use as much space as you need. i see you are getting mighty close to 1000 posts donovan...almost there

I am the original post whore, at least I was for a while. ;)

Better come in really early. It takes a couple of hours to play. Well worth it.

I would have to say it's THE best course in the Austin area that I've played (haven't been to Wimberly yet). It has a little bit of everything to challenge the thrower. I also really like Rivery in Georgetown since they made the improvements, but there are few holes that you can unleash big hyzers on.
My arm is in some pain, probably too many tomahawks (used it about 5 times full power).
I really respect the amount of work that went into the course. The layout, the bridges, man made steps, and the detailed signs really put a nice finishing touch.

for spring break to save money a friend and i are skipping out on the whole drunk trip to florida so we can go disc different courses in the DFW/Houston/ATX areas, we plan on playing 3 or 4 in austin, which ones would you reccommend? i heard something about peas or peace park or something like that is it worth playing?

Pease Park is a must. It's set up close to downtown and the University of Texas so it has a cool vibe. I would start there cause it gets crowded in the afternoon. Some other great courses are; Rivery (north of Austin in Georgetown. Very technical course with great scenery), Searight (far south, and almost always crowded), Bartholomew (North Austin, missing 3 baskets, but is one of my faves. Has a little bit of everything), and Brushy Creek in Round Rock (good course to finish with cause it is fairly short and moves quick).

I played for the first time today as well, from the am tees. It's a great course, beautifully designed. It moved up to #1 in my book for the Austin Area. (I have yet to play Kyle which I hear is great). This course ate me up today but I also made some great shots. My hard earned lesson from today is to stay out of that nasty rough. I left many strokes in it. I am eager to get back out there now that I
have a little course knowledge.

This course is definitely worth the drive. It's got a lot of character and exceeded my high expectations.

The am tee boxes seem shorter than the pro, but I could be wrong. Agreed, would like to have room for a couple more steps on the run up. I would also love to see some alternate basket locations added on this course. This course made me think of my favorite course in CA - DeLaveaga. I will be back often.

Pease Park is a must. It's set up close to downtown and the University of Texas so it has a cool vibe. I would start there cause it gets crowded in the afternoon. Some other great courses are; Rivery (north of Austin in Georgetown. Very technical course with great scenery), Searight (far south, and almost always crowded), Bartholomew (North Austin, missing 3 baskets, but is one of my faves. Has a little bit of everything), and Brushy Creek in Round Rock (good course to finish with cause it is fairly short and moves quick).

sounds like a pretty good list, i will definatly have to check some of those out, thanks for the info

for spring break to save money a friend and i are skipping out on the whole drunk trip to florida so we can go disc different courses in the DFW/Houston/ATX areas, we plan on playing 3 or 4 in austin, which ones would you reccommend? i heard something about peas or peace park or something like that is it worth playing?

I second the list ATX ChainBanger gave. East Metro Park is definitely worth it! And Pease is a classic. Also, just another suggestion, if you like playing a big-arms and a lot more open course check out Old Settlers. It has two 1000+ft par 5 holes.
And if you're going from Dallas to Austin or Austin to Dallas I strongly suggest stopping in Waco. There are three really good courses that I love! But if you only have time for one then hit Cameron Park East. Just adding my thoughts to your disc golf trip...

I'll bag this one in two weeks. I'm been looking forward to it for a long time. The course looks great.

I second the list ATX ChainBanger gave. East Metro Park is definitely worth it! And Pease is a classic. Also, just another suggestion, if you like playing a big-arms and a lot more open course check out Old Settlers. It has two 1000+ft par 5 holes.
And if you're going from Dallas to Austin or Austin to Dallas I strongly suggest stopping in Waco. There are three really good courses that I love! But if you only have time for one then hit Cameron Park East. Just adding my thoughts to your disc golf trip...

Ditto on Cameron Park East. My favorite course in Texas (though I haven't played East Manor Park yet... but I will soon when I'm visiting down in TX and will get a review up for it...)

Latest posts