• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

East Metro Park, Manor Texas

They're about 5-6 feet long on a few holes. I hate having to step up onto the box and having the fear of twisting an ankle at the front end. I throw a good amount of side-arm drives and they're fine for that.

Agreed, teeboxes are too short. But after the chance to play this past weekend when visiting TX, I think that is a small price to play. I've played almost 60 courses in TX, and in my opinion, East Metro Park in Manor is the best disc golf course in the state. I'll spare you all the gratuitous detail I put in my review, but if you're anywhere near Austin, get to Manor (correctly pronounced "Mane-er," with a hick accent), and hit up a few rounds. Awesome course.

If you think Manor's teepads were too small check out this other new Austin course (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3084). It has concrete teepads but they put them in 90 degrees in the wrong direction. They are stull useable but you have to really focus on your footwork or just throw from beside the teepad.

Anyone who likes Manor needs to try Williamson County Park. They are similar but Wilco is prettier with longer wide backed teepads. The problem with Wilco is that noone knows the distances. We need ericj to come up to Austin with his fancy shmancy range finder and post some distances on DGCR.com. And Wilco does not have dual tee's like Manor.

The problem with Wilco is that noone knows the distances. We need ericj to come up to Austin with his fancy shmancy range finder and post some distances on DGCR.com.
Next time I'm in Austin for some unsanctioned play I'll be all over it. Also the WillCo course map is serviceable but leaves something to be desired.

ERic