• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Elbow Position

noah1

Par Member
I''ve been watching a few videos on youtube and I have a question about Elbow Position. It looks like all the long bombers have elbows that are above the disc or at least level with it. The point of my elbow is below the disc when I throw. My suspicion is that two things are happening.

1. With the elbow above the disc it encourages nose up, a big struggle for me.
2. The other, and I don't have a disc with me to actually test this, is that when your elbow is below the disc you actually are able to bend your wrist properly and get the disc closer to your body.

What say you?

I've also been struggling with this. But I think I've realized what's going on. I was throwing with my elbow down and I was able to get a lot of spin on my discs, but for anhyzers only. Then I figured that was because I was getting close to the maximum range of motion from my wrist that way. When I bring my elbow up, that shouldn't change the range of motion from my wrist. So, in theory (because I haven't actually thrown since this realization), I should be able to get more spin on the disc releasing in a hyzer instead of only the anhyzer.

As far as nose angle, I'm not sure. Practice in a field maybe? :D

elbow above or elbow below is only really a relevant reference on a flat shot or during certain points of the motion for other angles.

maximum power potential is achieved when the disc is on the same plane as the elbow hinge.

on a hyzer the elbow will appear below the disc at the reach back when the 2 are sharing the same plane.

on an anhyzer the elbow will appear above the disc at the reach back when the 2 are sharing the same plane.

Latest posts