• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Elite X Predator - Is mine an odd ball?

jhilton

Bogey Member
I just picked up an older elite X Predator because I like to try my favorite discs in all sorts of plastic. The disc is brand new, just stored away for awhile before being sold.

Well throwing it today, I have to say I was really surprised and happy with the way it flew. It wasn't nearly as overstable as my Z and ESP predators, and it flew significantly further and still had a nice final sharp fade to it (Kind of like a longer, slightly more stable Eagle X).

My question: Is this normal for these discs? If so, I may have to hoard some to knock the PDs out of my bag as it flew a little further and seemed less nose sensitive.

z plastic-most stable
esp-less stable
esp flx-even less stable
x-in 8 months it will prob turn to a roller on you

I just picked up an older elite X Predator because I like to try my favorite discs in all sorts of plastic. The disc is brand new, just stored away for awhile before being sold.

Well throwing it today, I have to say I was really surprised and happy with the way it flew. It wasn't nearly as overstable as my Z and ESP predators, and it flew significantly further and still had a nice final sharp fade to it (Kind of like a longer, slightly more stable Eagle X).

My question: Is this normal for these discs? If so, I may have to hoard some to knock the PDs out of my bag as it flew a little further and seemed less nose sensitive.
That sounds like the X-Pred to me. Now you know why people were disappointed that it was discontinued.

Wasn't the X Predator molded up with the old mold? Not sure on that one. If you like the flight of it and want that flight in a premium plastic, check out a proline Tsunami. Old predator mold in ESP-like plastic. Flies exactly as you describe - a straighter Predator. They do fly very similar to the PD, which is why the PD never made it into my bag when I had the Tsunamis and Preds.

I tried forever to get people to trade X Preds to me but no bites. I have flydye and pearly pink Z's still ready to trade for someone's Elite X. Just throwing that out there.

I only owned 1 x predator and that thing was as stable and I want to say it was even more overstable than the z old school pred I have. The esp on the other hand was not that overstable at all, almost like a eagle to me.

Speaking of preds, what's with that cross-hatch stuff inside the rim? Have only seen it on one other DC model.

I throw Preds also and find that DGA's Tsunamis fly like a seasoned Pred. Right now I carry one Pred and three Tsunamis in various stage of wear.

Speaking of preds, what's with that cross-hatch stuff inside the rim? Have only seen it on one other DC model.

Some guy went around and started suing disc manufacturers for having a patent number on the discs after the patent itself expired. The manufacturers responded by removing the patent number from their molds, and Discraft took the remaining stock of discs that had the patent number in the wing and stamped it out which is what that crosshatch pattern is.

notroman beat me to it. I never got into Predators when I tried them because of how much tooling in the rim there is.

Some guy went around and started suing disc manufacturers for having a patent number on the discs after the patent itself expired. The manufacturers responded by removing the patent number from their molds, and Discraft took the remaining stock of discs that had the patent number in the wing and stamped it out which is what that crosshatch pattern is.

Thanks. A friend of mine loves that.

Ill be sad when im out of x preds.
I use it as a control driver vs utility driver.
Im likely going to pick up a pro nami as suggested here.