• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Newbie Ex-Ultimate in UK

This all presupposes access to these discs to throw them. This may be trivially easy for you guys in parts of the world where there is a thriving community of disc golfers and plenty of local courses. You could probably fit all the UK disc golfers on a basketball court.

If I want to buy a disc I have to really seek it out and pay at least double what you guys do for a new disc. There is no second hand market to speak of (that I'm aware of) and few opportunities to throw other discs unless you're at the course on the regular. So if I want to try out a disc I have to buy it... I don't want to buy discs I don't want to bag. I accept I will almost certainly do this now and again but I don't want to make a habit of it!

There are some facebook swap sites - UK used and new discs or something like that. Posting for what you are after normally gets responses.

There are a lot more players than you would expect over here, just not many compete. Yet.

Whereabouts in Surrey, we're working on a few course projects that way.

In terms of disc costs, our new discs are a lot cheaper than you can buy elsewhere in Europe (star in Europe is about £17 as opposed to £13 - 14 here) and not much more than you would pay in the US. DX and D line in the US is cheaper than here but our base plastic pricing is comparative to the other brands. We a re doing a five pack of the Baron putter for £40 retail or if you see me at a MODS I could do a deal! A lot of ex ultimate players seem to have enjoyed them despite having quite an overstable finish

Getting to Quarry Park would be a good option to test discs, Del is normally happy for people to throw a disc in the field before buying as long as the course isn't too busy and you don't chuck it into the first tree/basket. There are also a lot of people up here with far too many discs :)

Thanks Rich, I'll take a look at those Facebook groups.

I'm near Guildford. I currently drive out to Basingstoke for the occasional round.

I was this close to making it to the last MODS but life didn't comply.

I went to Quarry Park for my stag-do many moons ago. I had to drink a shot of Jagermeister and shout "Expeliamus" before every drive so I don't remember much of it, but I've met Del a few times before and he's a lovely bloke so no surprise he goes the extra mile when selling a disc.

Thanks EarthRocker, it's still good to hear the advice that there a many discs for the shot and many shots for each disc.