• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Driving like a newbie or worse!

I headed out today to improve/work on my driving and getting some distance beyond my usual 100 to 130 feet, pretty bad!

It seems all of my throws go high, hook way to the left and roll when hitting the ground.

I'm guessing I'm throwing nose up?

Ideally, how high should a disc travel and I'm guessing it should be parallel to the surface of the ground?
I found this YouTube channel called Overthrow Disc Golf. They break down each athletic movement which makes the reason for doing it pretty clear. The hardest thing for me is getting the disc nose down. When I do, it seems to have the best result for maximum distance. It is such an unnatural feeling. So it's hard to make myself do it consistently. And then there are times for nose down and times for nose up, which seems to just add indifference. Someone I know was having the same issue and tried out the Bonapane Grip. After doing that for a while he switched back to a Power Grip, but now had a better understanding of what nose down actually looks and feels like.

Latest posts