• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Elite-X Wasp

^There is a decent amount of X Wasps up on ebay right now...... Not sure if you are currently looking, but thought you might like the heads up if you haven't been searching lately.

I have thrown X-wasps since they came out but I'm on the last one.

The nice part about the X-wasp's was that the plastic beats in slowly and retains the "sweet spot" for a very long time.

Discrafts' elite-x is an outstanding plastic for the wasp mold because of this. I have never had much luck with a Buzzz or comet, but gave up buying x-wasps due to how hard they are to find now.

Innova's old "pro" plastic was very close to the feel of this as the old Super Roc's were also great throwing discs. Reminds me of my pro-Wraith days . . . great disc, why did I stop throwing it again?

Millennium's standard plastic (I throw it and still get confused with their names . . .go figure) is very similar also and I'm breaking in Sentinels to fill the x-wasp spot. Although the Sentinel has a much more overstable flight off the shelf, the disc really works well both fh and bh and actually starts to beat in unlike the life time commitment of Z, champion, star, etc.

I miss the x-wasp, if anyone's going hunting for the best ones, they're the tourney stamped ones from 2003-2004ish. I still hold out hope that my "flying squirrels" stamped x-wasp makes it back home . . .. . . . out there buried in the leaves all lonely I bet.

Are you looking to buy x wasps? I've got two that have only been field tested. They're both from 2003.

Does anyone have news on a D, X, or even ESP wasp? I love my buzzz, but the z plastic is a bit slippery for shots that need total control. An esp buzzz would become understable. I use a max weight Z buzzz and Incan get some turn out of it. A wasp cycle would be perfect.

I love wasp.

X-Wasp- great glide, best to beat, best distance--- Oop, later domey runs are not consistant

Z-Wasp- Most durable, can get to fill almost every slot in a bag by changing weight. Very consistent-- Takes a long time to beat extra glide in, grip is slicker

ESP Wasp- best of all world, except, super inconsitent. Hard to find the good ones.

Ti Wasps- Nice blend between the Z and ESP Wasps--Some good colors, runs are slightly inconsitent. Have Mcabe's name on it. :/

i honestly cant believe they discontinued it. its just like a roc. why wouldnt they try and compete and have various plastics to suit everyones needs? i mean there d plastic is one of the worst on the market, but x was pretty good for buzzes. i see beat in potential for wasps. unless im missing something, but i think they should re-evaluate their decision

i do bag 2 z wasps and 1 ti wasp fwiw

Several existing molds are now being run in X, including the Force, and Nuke SS. Maybe the Wasp will come back at some point :)

i honestly cant believe they discontinued it. its just like a roc. why wouldnt they try and compete and have various plastics to suit everyones needs? i mean there d plastic is one of the worst on the market, but x was pretty good for buzzes. i see beat in potential for wasps. unless im missing something, but i think they should re-evaluate their decision

I agree. Even with the Wasp available in just Z, Discraft has the all around best mid lineup imo. Bringing back the X Wasp would be a good call, and I personally would like to see a FLX Wasp, especially if they molded up flat and came close in stability to the Z ones.

i do bag 2 z wasps and 1 ti wasp fwiw

My guess is all the people missing x-wasps have chimed in on this thread already . . . doubtful the decision to discontinue the mold/plastic combo was a mistake financially. RIP x-wasp!!

Maybe I'll break out my old x-MRV's . . .. now those were the days my friend!!

I still don't know what oop means? I love my z wasp and throw it on about 90 % of my mid shots. It can handle some pull for driver duty as well. My wasp has about half a season and it's lost a tiny bit of its beef, but still reliable fade. I have heard of beat wasps being referred to as buzz like.

I still don't know what oop means? I love my z wasp and throw it on about 90 % of my mid shots. It can handle some pull for driver duty as well. My wasp has about half a season and it's lost a tiny bit of its beef, but still reliable fade. I have heard of beat wasps being referred to as buzz like.

OOP = Out Of Production. :thmbup:

I'm out of the x wasp market. Can't keep chasing around oop discs.

i dont throw oop either. however discraft oop is so cheap compared to innova.

My guess is all the people missing x-wasps have chimed in on this thread already . . . doubtful the decision to discontinue the mold/plastic combo was a mistake financially. RIP x-wasp!!

yeah i hear you. the new x is awesome grippy too and decently durable. now they took ti away from us!! they better not take z away, that will be the day i contact their offices and tell them they are making a huge mistake

I agree. Even with the Wasp available in just Z, Discraft has the all around best mid lineup imo. Bringing back the X Wasp would be a good call, and I personally would like to see a FLX Wasp, especially if they molded up flat and came close in stability to the Z ones.

i have a flx glo wasp. hit me up if you wanna buy/trade for it. 177g+ 10/10 milky pink

ive had a light z wasp for 3 years now. its just finally starting to get a some bends on the rim. still has a ton of stability. im truly impressed on how long z plastic retains its stability. my light z is by no means flippy. should have at least another 3 years with it. did have a beat up but still had its stability heavy z wasp i lost in the water. rip ace disc.

Have not thrown the x wasp, but have thrown the z wasp, seemed very close to a roc. Didn't I read here that the wasp was designed for Eric McCabe when he switched from Innova to Discraft?

Have not thrown the x wasp, but have thrown the z wasp, seemed very close to a roc. Didn't I read here that the wasp was designed for Eric McCabe when he switched from Innova to Discraft?

unsure. but also highly likely that the roc was such a great seller that discraft needed something from their company to compete

I guess I should throw it out there, I do have 2 X wasps, 9/10, 176 and 177, that I'd part with. PM if interested. :D

If that were the case it would have been Cam Todd, not Eric McCabe.

Latest posts