• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] EMAC Truth

...the subsequent runs are consistent? Not when you read this thread... So the emac truth isnt a truth at all just a new disc with the same name and orginal designed flight path of a truth?!

Hmm makes sense.

Wow. Really. I think the Truth is perfect the way it is.

Here is how it works: truth, mace, verdict in that order of stability.

I think if you made the truth more stable it would start creeping into the Mace category.

Also, I have been throwing the fluid truth this winter (love it) as it is just a smidgen bit more stable than my biofuzion truths.

I can't see the point of having a truth, a truth retooled and then mace, verdict scenario. The truth mold is not designed for wind. Period. But the Mace and Verdict are.

Maybe in I'm in denial but I don't want to lose my Mace's nor do I want to carry four truths either.

Is this another way to make money or is this retool really necessary?

Ya, you have Truths in the Claymore spot, and Maces in the Truth spot!

I'm down to my last old school biofuzion Truth so this Truth fixing is just in time for me.

I was able to grab a couple clear 177s from DD as well. Hopefully they feel right and fly like the old ones. IMO there was no better disc in disc golf than early stable Truths.

Had a few rounds with the new Truth. Definitely is more stable. If you give it a hard flat whip, it will get some turn, but doesn't cut roll like the previous truths did, and it still usually comes out. Also, if you give them hyzer, they will hold it most of the way. Its VERY close to my old faithful broken in opto verdict.

Had a few rounds with the new Truth. Definitely is more stable. If you give it a hard flat whip, it will get some turn, but doesn't cut roll like the previous truths did, and it still usually comes out. Also, if you give them hyzer, they will hold it most of the way. Its VERY close to my old faithful broken in opto verdict.

Nearly 100% agree with this.

It still lacks the glide of my older BioFuzion Truths, but the stability is a tick above them. For the best comparison, I think it actually has a touch more high speed stability (not overstability) than the newer runs of Lucid Verdicts, but when given torque it will not fade. It will fight level but will not dump.

First time out on a putter/ mid course (160 - 250 feet with one topping out at 320) with measureable headwind (not abusive but enough to make me timid driving with putters), I recorded two metals and an ace in 36 holes. It almost went exactly where I wanted it every time. This disc had almost no learning curve. Unfortunately the second metal hit did take a small chuck of plastic with it; not life-threatening or flight altering, but now I know it is there.

For the record, mine is a "clear" (more like milky-white) and 178g. I should have picked up two or three more. I could instantly put these in the bag if I had more. Right now I carry two Lucid Verdicts and two BioFuzion Truths. There is some overlap because the Verdicts are not as both high and low speed stable as I would have liked or remembered (I ran BioFuzions a year ago but dumped them out of stupidity). Right now I would like to run two EMac Truths, one Bio for line-shaping drives (the EMac seems to work best when thrown flat), and maybe give the Suspect another try.

Played a round with one of my 177g sig. Emacs.

Very high speed stable, not much fade.

Hyzer flips to flat and flies straight with no turn and no breaks. Seriously, this disc takes finesse to range, but once you learn its good from 200 - 400.

Soo glad to have these again!

ftr my old stable biofuzion is marked made in Sweden, but it has a slight dome like the new sig emacs. Not flat like the newer truths.

Well maybe I'm a little confused. My first intro to the truths were I believe a very early run of the biofuzion truths. Which I thought were perfect for a slightly understable/stable mid.

Were these truths somewhat unlike later versions as they weren't so flippy?

If the new emac truth is lacking the glide of my biofuzions it is no longer on my list as this is what makes my truths so special-they are super long for a mid.

Mine has stoopid glide. I don't know. I threw 280 from a standstill and went 60' past the basket and almost hit a Harley in the parking lot.

That to say, if this thing had any more glide I'd be in trouble. Literally.

It's very low speed neutral, like all truths I've thrown. Like good buzzzes. They're all very glidey because they don't fade / seek the ground much.

The thing they fixed was the high speed stability, which is super noticable.

This is nothing like a verdict.

I've started bagging the new truths in the claymore spot and they are way less frustrating that way.

Last edited:
Those who have come to love BioFuzion, and I have noticed this in more than just Truths, have noticed that BioFuzion has a tendency to have more glide. That is not to say that Lucids, especially in this case the EMac Truth, does not have glide, but a little seasoning on a BioFuzion will suddenly give you a little more distance.

This is nothing like a verdict.

I technically agree, but only in that it seems that the newer runs of Verdicts have noticeable turn; not necessarily flippage, but noticeable turn when powered. However, the EMac Truth is very similar in the HSS portion of the flight to older Verdicts. Obviously the fade is going to be the biggest difference.

Right now, however, I could take my current run of Verdicts out of the bag and replace it with these Truths, and get better results.

I technically agree, but only in that it seems that the newer runs of Verdicts have noticeable turn; not necessarily flippage, but noticeable turn when powered. However, the EMac Truth is very similar in the HSS portion of the flight to older Verdicts. Obviously the fade is going to be the biggest difference.

Right now, however, I could take my current run of Verdicts out of the bag and replace it with these Truths, and get better results.
I agree with you completely.

The EMAC and Verdict are a bit different, but I wouldn't say that Verdict is de facto more OS. More fade, sure.

I really like the EMACs so I have a bit of a decision to make. :)

I'm sortof curious what's going on in Sweden.

Over the the last two years I've watched half a dozen molds get less stable. Halos, Giants, Kings, Truths and apparently Verdicts (I have a bunch of older Verdicts, havent bought these in a long time.)

is it a matter of the mold degrading, or different plastics? Is there anything Lat is doing to address this in general, or just waiting until enough people and also one of their pros complains about a specific mold enough to fix it?

I'd love to think it was just me throwing harder, but the old plastic works the same as it used to.

I got a transparent red with gold stamp 178 g last week and it flies as others have described. It is a real good compliment to a normal beat in truth. I was able to park a few 280ft approach shots with ease because of the late fade, where as my beat in bio truth would have kept going straight past the basket without any fade. I'm real happy with it. Reminds me a lot like a seasoned Z Hornet.

I'm sortof curious what's going on in Sweden.

Over the the last two years I've watched half a dozen molds get less stable. Halos, Giants, Kings, Truths and apparently Verdicts (I have a bunch of older Verdicts, havent bought these in a long time.)

is it a matter of the mold degrading, or different plastics? Is there anything Lat is doing to address this in general, or just waiting until enough people and also one of their pros complains about a specific mold enough to fix it?

I'd love to think it was just me throwing harder, but the old plastic works the same as it used to.

Disc up; defender, harps, xxx, justice? :eek:

For those that have this disc, how is the dome? I got one in the mail today that I've not yet been able to throw, but it definitely has a pop top to it. Not really a fan of my mids having much, if any dome. :\

Disc up; defender, harps, xxx, justice? :eek:

Lol, that's one way to go.

Justice is definitely the antithesis of the Truths glide and the final solution to your ranging problems. An actual brick has more forward penetrating fade.

@Umm

Yes, these have a bit of dome more like older runs. I'm not a big fan of dome on my mids either, and was skeptical but no problem with feel in hand or dialing in release angles on these for me.

Lol, that's one way to go.

Justice is definitely the antithesis of the Truths glide and the final solution to your ranging problems. An actual brick has more forward penetrating fade.

@Umm

Yes, these have a bit of dome more like older runs. I'm not a big fan of dome on my mids either, and was skeptical but no problem with feel in hand or dialing in release angles on these for me.
I wonder if they'll make this eMac run in the classic. If they did, chances are they'd mold up flatter ala the reg production truths lucid v classic.

You do want dome on a disc like this. Dome in theory can give a disc more glide-more air under the disc means it has something to ride on.

Considering this mid is in the stable spot dome is a very good thing. Now if you were trying to beat the wind, have a meathook, don't want the disc to "glide" out on you yes you want a more flat top. The felon meets these standards to a cue. I would pay serious money for a domey felon but they don't exist.

Point, embrace the dome.

You do want dome on a disc like this. Dome in theory can give a disc more glide-more air under the disc means it has something to ride on.

Considering this mid is in the stable spot dome is a very good thing. Now if you were trying to beat the wind, have a meathook, don't want the disc to "glide" out on you yes you want a more flat top. The felon meets these standards to a cue. I would pay serious money for a domey felon but they don't exist.

Point, embrace the dome.

Hmmm... So, if we're talking about dome. The current truth glides enough, some would say it's a tweener for speed and distance between a long mid and short fairway already. So if we're trying to stable it up a little more than the truth but less than the verdict, I'd say it needs a little less glide. The verdict is board flat and most good felons are faf. But so are the classic and prime truths...

Also, some fuzion felons have more rounded shoulders and a little dome. Very little ;)

Domey mids are yuk. They also tend to be slower and turn and fade more. Flat topped mids don't suffer for glide, IME.

I have one prime Truth. It's board flat, and really understable. The one prime claymore I have is actually more stable, also board flat. Would be great if they got the Emac sig truth in classic or prime and kept the stability.

I have a domey decodye felon. I've only thrown it a few times but it acts like a seasoned felon.

Latest posts