• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Emac's Bag Stolen-Swope Park KC

Just seems kind of weak that the governing org would only do this for a touring pro. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen for any current member, but I highly doubt it would. It does matter if we are all paying the same dues, but only select members (i.e. the touring pros) get this kind of treatment.

BTW, I do applaud them for lending a hand. I would be more impressed if they offered this service to every paying member.

I don't understand what's weak about it though. I imagine whoever was running the PDGA facebook page noticed that Emac posted it on his and decided to help out. Maybe they know him personally and think he's a good guy or maybe it's just the talk of the week in KC before the first round and it was a boring news week for the PDGA. I don't know, but all I'm saying is how can you fault them for it unless you personally know that Mr. Bill Smith, PDGA member or not, ever contacted them about his stolen bag asking for help?

Until you know they've said no on that specific request you can't say what they will or won't do for the average member. What do you expect them to do include this on the list of membership benefits?

4) If your discs are stolen let us know we'll be happy to post it on Facebook.

That's ridiculous. Unless I'm wrong and you know a guy who knows a guy who asked them to locate his stolen bag and they said kick rocks buddy.

Last edited:
Just seems kind of weak that the governing org would only do this for a touring pro.

That's an assumption. True I've never seen it before, but I've only heard of this happening 2 or 3 times ever. And in the world of social media, it's not that crazy to think that this would be on facebook page or tweeted by a PDGA staff member.

They post videos of members and promote things like "chains." I don't see this as a big deal at all and for an organzation like the PDGA, which get's 99% criticism, I applaud them for trying to assist a member in a disc golf related incident at one of our major stages for the game.

That's an assumption.

I know. I'm not bashing the PDGA as Steeve seems to think. I'm just pointing out that they seem to go out of their way to help their touring pros far more often than I seem them do the same for some random 900-rated Joe Schmo.

I know. I'm not bashing the PDGA as Steeve seems to think. I'm just pointing out that they seem to go out of their way to help their touring pros far more often than I seem them do the same for some random 900-rated Joe Schmo.

I'm a USGA member as well. I certainly wouldn't expect them to post on their facebook if something of mine was stolen while playing a USGA event. But I certainly would think they would post if something of Tiger or Phil or Rory was stolen.

One difference between a touring pro and a joe schmo is that joe schmo's get their bags stolen all the time, and the larceny often happens during non-playing matters like car and home break ins. If the PDGA blared an APB out every time that sort of thing happened, we'd never pay attention. Getting the word out through a local message board might be a more practical recourse for the joe schmo anyways.

It's Steeze but T Fizzle makes that same mistake a lot....hmmm. :popcorn:

Go ahead and quote where I said you were bashing anyone. You said you doubted they would do this for any regular member and that is just a flat out guess on your part. Did it make you so angry that you stopped following the PDGA on facebook? No? Then what exactly is your beef? You're acting jealous over a professional group trying to help out one of their world champion members.....yeah you make a great case, guy. That's a stupid thing for them to do and you're probably one hundred precent right they'd never do this for anyone but him. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's Steeze but T Fizzle makes that same mistake a lot....hmmm. :popcorn:

Go ahead and quote where I said you were bashing anyone. You said you doubted they would do this for any regular member and that is just a flat out guess on your part. Did it make you so angry that you stopped following the PDGA on facebook? No? Then what exactly is your beef? You're acting jealous over a professional group trying to help out one of their world champion members.....yeah you make a great case, guy. That's a stupid thing for them to do and you're probably one hundred precent right they'd never do this for anyone but him. :rolleyes:

Jealous? Beef? WTF are you talking about? When did I say they wouldn't do it for anyone but him?

When did I say they wouldn't do it for anyone but him?

Just seems kind of weak that the governing org would only do this for a touring pro. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen for any current member, but I highly doubt it would. It does matter if we are all paying the same dues, but only select members (i.e. the touring pros) get this kind of treatment.

Umm...I guess this doesn't count?

Jealous? Beef? WTF are you talking about?

Why else would you act butt hurt over what amounts to a players union trying to help out a member? I mean the thread is about locating a stolen bag yet the PDGA's use of their own facebook page to help locate it has somehow got you riled up about what they will and won't do for members...based on nothing but your speculation alone.

Last response I've got for you on this. Like I said it's about finding a stolen bag for a player. Feel free to spin it about something else all you want.

Umm...I guess this doesn't count?

Why else would you act butt hurt over what amounts to a players union trying to help out a member? I mean the thread is about locating a stolen bag yet the PDGA's use of their own facebook page to help locate it has somehow got you riled up about what they will and won't do for members...based on nothing but your speculation alone.

Last response I've got for you on this. Like I said it's about finding a stolen bag for a player. Feel free to spin it about something else all you want.

I didn't get ruled up, you idiot. I just questioned the way the PDGA treats the touring pros vs. the average joe. Obviously you're too stupid to read what I wrote about touring pros as a group and not just EMac. Believe it or not, we can question the actions of the org that we pay and that represents us without getting "butt hurt". Perhaps you're incapable of spererating a critisism from emotion.

I didn't get ruled up, you idiot. I just questioned the way the PDGA treats the touring pros vs. the average joe. Obviously you're too stupid to read what I wrote about touring pros as a group and not just EMac. Believe it or not, we can question the actions of the org that we pay and that represents us without getting "butt hurt". Perhaps you're incapable of spererating a critisism from emotion.

When was the last time you made the pdga any money besides your membership?

Eric McCabe deserves a little special attention in this situation, I would guess everyone playing the KCWO now knows about the stolen bag and it certainly doesn't hurt that other players can be more careful with their bags now as well.

The idea that this is a big loss to Eric is a bit of a joke though. It isn't like he pays for plastic, more than likely the only monetary loss to him would be if he had personal items in the bag at the time.

The idea that this is a big loss to Eric is a bit of a joke though. It isn't like he pays for plastic, more than likely the only monetary loss to him would be if he had personal items in the bag at the time.

please, every top pro, especially innova players, have discs they'd never want to lose. Feldberg was pissed when someone picked up one of his practice drives on the morning of a tournament, complaining about it being his best driver. You're not going to get back that perfectly seasoned mid in one day before a major tournament. Not to mention that is a custom bag, and it is very likely something personal was in the bag. it will be extremely difficult for him to compete this weekend given the circumstances

I am very disappointed in my fellow Kansas City-ans for this happening. I've played at Swope Park more than any other course and never had any troubles. I will say that the course isn't in the best part of town so I'm not totally shocked this happened. And being a KU bag in Missouri I'm sure some idiot thought it would be cool to take it.