• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

emiller3's Bag

emiller3

Double Eagle Member
Playing for: 5 years.
Play frequency: Once a week
Golf Distance: 420' (measured)
Max Distance: 480' (measured)
LHBH

I don't play very often, and I play at a variety of altitudes. In order to try and maintain some consistency, my main criteria in disc selection has been:
  1. Fewer molds
  2. Molds that are locally available
  3. Molds that don't get squirely at lower weights
  4. Molds that don't get squirely as they get beat
I limit my molds and cycle my discs in order to maintain some consistency with my infrequent play schedule. I throw 7-8 grams below max weight at my home courses (high altitude.) I have had a lot of success taking out the most beat discs and putting in a few max weight ones when I travel to lower altitudes.

Distance Drivers (400+)
Star Destroyer - Fresh; Hyzer, headwind distance
Pro Destroyer - Seasoned; Max distance
Star Valk - Fresh; Workable distance
Star Valk - Beat; Turnover distance

Control Drivers (<400')
Champ Eagle-X - New; Breaking it in for primary use
Star Eagle-X - Fresh; Primary control driver
Star Eagle-X - Seasoned; Workable control driver
Star Eagle-X - Beat; Turnover control

Midranges (<350')
CE Roc - Fresh; Straight shots with a strong finish
DX Roc - Fresh; Breaking it in for primary use
DX Roc - Seasoned; Straight shots
DX Roc - Beat; Slow turnovers

Utility (<300')
Champ Monster - New; Breaking it in for primary use
Champ Monster - Fresh; Primary overhand, flick and hyzer disc

Putters (<315')
KC Aviar - Fresh; San Marino, straight shots with a strong finish
KC Aviar - Seasoned; Holds any lines for drives and approaches
KC Aviar - Putter
Yeti Aviar - Long putter

Wanting to try:
PD - I wish I could get them locally, I've been wanting to try them instead of Valks

P1050366_zpsacb8186e.jpg

awesome set-up. I am a big fan of Eagle X and L's. You should def try out a C-PD. Basically a longer Eagle X just a little more HSS.

Love your putter and mid line up as well.

Are C-PDs fairly consistently made, or is there a certain kind I need to look for?

this latest run seems to be very consistent across the board. I get mine around 170g and have seem hardly a difference.

Been a while since I've updated my bag. I'm trying out the Teebird/Leopard combo this year in lieu of my Eagles, and I'm already really liking it. I'm trying out the Gator (not pictured) for forehand approaches, anyone have any suggestions on other overstable mids? I like the Prodigy plastic, what about an M1? Looking for something really beefy that doesn't skip like my Monsters.

Top to Bottom:
Destroyer (2x Star)
Valk (2x Star)
Monster (2x Pearly Champ)
Teebird/Leopard (Champ, GStar/GStar)
Roc (CE, 2x Stable Mid-range DX)
Aviar - (3x KC)

Last edited:
I love that you bag Monsters, if I had found those before getting so used to Firebirds I would totally bag them too.

There are some spots you might could use a disc, like an Os approach disc like a Harp or Scale, Pig or Rhyno if you must have Innova.

Nice colors too, shouldn't loose many of those!

Yeah, I'll be sad when I run out of pearly Monsters. I tried 11x Firebirds a long time ago but the Monster-X flew an identical line with an additional 20-30' of distance.

I have been eyeing the Scale. I'm experimenting with powering down on a Gator while I wait for them to become more widely available.

Latest posts