• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

EMSCO discs

mutteriwiritys

Birdie Member
EMSCO Sports Products (ESP) is a company making sports products, including golf discs. They got three PDGA Approved discs: ESP Putter, ESP Mid-range and ESP Driver, which are sold as a three disc set.

Website | Disc golf set | PDGA Measurements (pic)
Picture of all three | Putter top | Putter profile | Putter bottom

My friend got their disc set for a Christmas present and wow those discs are weird. First of all, all three have a HUGE dome. The ESP Driver and ESP Mid-range both have a 1.2 cm wide rim, and Putter 1.0 cm. They feel weird in the hand especially with forehand grips because of the big dome and high profile: Driver and Mid-range are 2.5 cm tall and Putter 2.7 cm.

I threw them and I was expecting a turn and burn but they flew surprisingly well with my arm speed. Not bad but not great either. Has anyone else thrown these?

E: Wrong area, was meant to be posted in "Discs" area.. :)

Never heard of these.
Flat discs are good and cool. Most discs in my bag have a lot of flatness to them. But domey discs get a bad rap.
Will these discs be at my local Dick's store or are they by order only?

Flat discs are better than domey ones IMO, they fight wind better because of the lower profile and feel better in the hand too. And I believe that it's easier to consistently make flat discs rather than domey ones because the size of the dome may vary and affect the stability and flight.
E: I hope nobody else will buy these discs.. It wasn't the Santa's fault though because he couldn't know what are good golf discs. ;) Can a mod move this topic to the Discs section btw?

Last edited:
I understand what people say about dome vs flat discs.
IMO I doubt most golfers throw well enough to know or feel the difference between the two based on aerodynamics.

I understand what people say about dome vs flat discs.
IMO I doubt most golfers throw well enough to know or feel the difference between the two based on aerodynamics.

That may be true, the actual difference in flight may not be that big in most cases but it's clear at least that everyone can feel a difference in feel between a very domey disc and a completely flat disc.

I found a EMSCO midrange in the summer at my home course with no name, I don't know if someone lost it or just left it there on purpose..

Positives:
+ It flew kinda good, when put on a 85 degree hyzer angle and thrown 150'

Negatives:
- Really huge dome, couldn't get any grip on the disc.
- Turn 'n burn disc for me when thrown at 200' of power. Really understable.
- The plastic is like freaking wood, could shatter it into pieces with a hammer cos it's so f****** hard.
- You can guess how good it is in the wind.... :wall:

I played 5 holes with it and threw it back in the woods.. Never thrown such a bad disc.

I've had their three disc starter set for a few years. Never thrown them because I know crap when I see it. From the plastic to the mold, these aren't designed to do anything but be purchased by noobs.

Latest posts