• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Epic Road Trip - Colorado to New York

When coming through Nebraska on I-80, stop off in Kearney. There are 4 courses there, one very difficult one; Cottonmill. 18 hole pro course. Then there is Centennial, a nice, relaxing, easy 9 hole. The other two are at a middle school and at a high school. But Cottonmill is difficult, beautiful, with lots of hiking. Then there is one in Grand Island. Take the 314 exit, also called Locust, and head into town. That is a nice, shaded 9 hole course, a little more challenging that some of the ones around here. That course is Stolley Park. On Stolley Park Rd.

Since you have an extra day, I'd look into Arboretum and Lincoln Park (Oak Ledges) in the Canton, OH area. It's off the beaten path, but you could play those two and head to Pittsburgh for Deer Lakes and Moraine before heading north on I-79 and reconnecting with I-80.

The other thing I would say is to pay for a premium membership here and plan a road trip. You plug in your starting point and destination and choose how far off the route you want to go. It provides you a list of every course on your trip within that distance. Trust me, it'll be the best $25 you've spent on disc golf! :thmbup:

Last edited:
Finally have some firm dates set. Leaving Fort Collins at dawn on Thursday 4/18 to play our home course and then hit the road. About 26 hours of driving later, I have a plane to catch late on Monday 4/22 in New York, NY. This is going to be stellar.

As a local to the Quad Cities (Camden I & II area) I will just re-state what smyith has already stated. Camden I and II are far and away the best courses around. II has gotten insanely good over the past year as far as grooming and other maintenance goes and I has some great holes as well. II is heavily wooded with a lot of elevation change, and I is a good mix of open and woods with plenty of elevation to deal with. These are really the only two worth stopping for IMO.