• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] EV-7 Mobius

oldmandiscer

Banned
Specifications
Max Weight: 175.1gr
Diameter: 21.1cm
Height: 1.9cm
Rim Depth: 1.4cm
Rim Thickness: 1.0cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 19.1cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.6%
Rim Configuration: 77.25
Flexibility: 8.75kg

Looks like a Innova Whale (picture looks beadless as well) that is just slightly shallower. The Whale has a height of 2.0 and rim depth of 1.5. I really love the Whale (very straight slow flight and great for putting) but I don't really have big hands so this might be a slightly better option for me. Have to wait and see when it comes out if it actually is a bit shallower.

I kind of like that EV-7 also has so many plastic flexes and options. We'll see if it can beat the Whale out of my bag.

Just got done trying out the Mobius in base plastic. Reported flight numbers are 2 4 -1 0. I would put them at 2 4 -.5 1. My desire to try out an US putter is to see if I can roll with my natural slight hyzer release with my .8push.2spin putting style and have the disc fly straight mostly. The Mobius does seem to work for this at a putting putter, it moves straight with a slight hyzer orientation. When I went I stepped 50-100 feet back and tried some jump/step putts it would obtain flat for a brief moment and then fade. There were only a couple jump/step putts which I released with slight anny and correct amount of energy transferred to disc and for those it held flat til the ground right of the basket. I did get a couple 150 bh approach shots in with it with a hyzer release and it held the hyzer line to my surprise, not flipping to flat. So far I would say they fly very close to my current putter a yeti aviar but a little more US. I'm gonna try to roll with the mobius as my putter this season and I've got 5 medium as well to add to the mix.

I had really similar impressions to you when I first tried my Mobius. Now that it's beaten in over time, it is very much understable. After about 30 rounds with it being thrown, it's numbers are more like -2.5, 0.25. Edge of C2 and into C3 putts with a 70% spin, 30% push putt style go laser straight on a flat to baby hyzer release, and will drift a tad right on most C3 putts, then flatten. Holds a high anny putt really well, and is actually mostly used for me for anhyzer forehand approaches/runs on tight lines in the woods. Hand feel doesn't work for me, but the phi I love for putting. Hope it keeps working well for you, it's a cool disc!

Latest posts