• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever Hit a Car??

Sadly yes. I skipped off the roof of a moving car that was driving next to a practice field I use. Its very rare for traffic to use the road so thats why I practice there and I rarely end up in the road. Basically I couldn't have done it if I tried. Luckily it didn't do any damage other than scaring the bejesus out of the driver and I of course apologized profusely.

I launched a Wraith on what was meant to be a LHBH hyzer line, but went perfectly straight... hit and slid up the hood of a color-change sedan with *HUGE* spinner rims and a stereo that rattled my ribcage as it drove by.

My heart stopped, and I held my breath... but they kept on driving.

Edgewood Park in Madrid, IA. The entire course is a bit goofy-golf-ish, having to throw over buildings, ball diamond, basketball courts and all that. It's a popular tournament, so parking is at a premium and you really want to get there early to get into the spaces that aren't in the line of fire.

I'm warming up for a tournament, throwing on a 300' hole that either has you going down the intended fairway between two fences of a ball diamond and some tennis courts, or over the tennis courts and a basketball court to a narrow sliver of ground with parking lot behind. I threw a couple of Rocs to start, then I pulled out a driver for a big hyzer shot. I got a little too big and overthrew everything, skipped it off the hood of this beater and got it lodged in the wiper blade. I actually had to yank on it to get it loose.

#1 at Ewing Park in Des Moines. It's in the long position, which is about 350' downhill, weaving through some trees and tucked into a small clearing about 50' from the edge of Indianola Road. I threw a driver a bit low and flatter than I wanted, so it didn't start coming back left until too late. It took one skip off the pavement and hit the side of a car coming up the road. It was *loud*, so I was fully expecting to do some heavy apologizing, but the guy kept on like nothing happened. Luckily, the rebound off the car threw it back inbounds and I had a 30' putt for bird.

Hole 2 at a local course runs perpendicular to a busy road. I've seen a lot of over shots land in the street but last weekend was the first time I've seen a moving car get hit.

Champ Firebird skipped up and got nailed, smashed the front light and the guy went about a block before he turned to come back.

The disc was still stuck in his light when he pulled into the parking lot to yell at us.

At a course I used to play regularly, there was a small parking lot behind one of the holes. Usually it was empty, but one league night there happened to be an old mostly rusted out van sitting directly behind the hole (about 25' straight back). Nobody on my card hit it, but we watched all four people in the group behind us take off the van deuces that would have normally gone out of bounds.

Hole 2 at a local course runs perpendicular to a busy road. I've seen a lot of over shots land in the street but last weekend was the first time I've seen a moving car get hit.

Champ Firebird skipped up and got nailed, smashed the front light and the guy went about a block before he turned to come back.

The disc was still stuck in his light when he pulled into the parking lot to yell at us.

That would be a lot better story if the car was a Firebird.

Popped a silver foreign make small SUV last night. Hit right front, low on the rubber bumper. Car fine, disc fine. The bad thing was that it was witnessed by @ 20 tennis players!

I play small course at lunch up the road. I let one rip and it didn't fade like I wanted and apparently skipped off the road and hit a windshield. I didn't see it but a couple young guys that let me play through started laughing and thought it was great that i threw that far and skipped it off the windshield. The car never stopped so i guess it didn't do any damage.

I accidentally landed my disc on a busy highway once and had it run over by a truck. The disc was actually fine though, Star plastic is awesome.

There is a parking lot between my two practice fields that is about 200ft or so across, so I throw across the parking lot acting like its a water hazard, when I practice. My truck was parked in the corner of the lot, so before I began, I figured I better roll down my windows just in case I throw near my truck.

Sure enough, it happened, I let one rip, and it caught some wind, and flew right through my passenger side window, and landed in the floor board. I am so glad I rolled the window down. I had another one bounce off my windshield, and that is when I decided to stop throwing in that direction.

On hole 17 at Bryant Lake my buddy actually hit his own car with a drive. I don't think you could do that 1 out of a hundred times even if you were aiming for it. No damage.

I hit a parked car once with a practice drive. It didn't leave any marks, but it did trigger the car alarm. A noisy bugger, too!

oh yes I did, a MOVING car

I'll never forget my brush with this. I was teeing off on #3 at Iroquois Park in Louisville. The hole backs up to a BUSY street that starts about 350' from the tee. My drive went really high and far--a little tailwind grabbed this one and it sailed farther than I've ever thrown on this hole. It was probably 35 feet in the air hovering over the street about ready to hyser into oncoming traffic. The disc cut back and nailed the windshield of a car going about 45 mph. They SLAMMED on their brakes (I dont think they had any idea what has just happened) and then started driving really slow. About a 100 yards later, they looked to their right and noticed me and a few friends standing way back at the tee. This guy gets out of his car in the right lane of this busy street and stares us down for a little bit then drives off.

It was very intense. I eventually made it out to the street when traffic died down to recover my champion sidewinder (run over a few times but in perfect condition!). Good times! :)

Once at Dretzka, I was on a hole containing a looong anhyzer shot. I accidentally turned it over too much and drilled a BMW parked on the side of the road. As i walked around the turn to get my disc, I realized that the lady who owned the car was tanning right in front of it. Needless to say, that was one of the awkwardest moments of my life...

On #2 at west meadowbrooke threw my star wraith bout 275' into a truck window seen it actually bend the glass but didn't break it thank god

Latest posts