• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] F-series drivers are out

500 series will be pro from what I heard.

I've heard multiple people talk about 500 plastic. I don't know why. There is absolutely nothing from Prodigy that says that that I have seen. There is 300, 400, 400g, and 750.

This is an image from there fairway driver page.
ScreenShot2013-08-20at92840AM_zps7471fe1b.png

They may not have it listed on their site but a couple prodigy players have put 500s prodigy plastic up for sale on facebook. it exists I promise.

Prodigy website is not where one goes for current info:doh: If you look there it appears the fairway drivers are not even out yet. Just sayin...

Has anyone seen F2s in weights lighter than 170g? I am really liking mine now that I de-flashed it, but I have to put a lot of muscle into it because it's so darn heavy (175g).

I really liked the flight of my F2 before I took the flashing off. It was pretty beefy. I didn't think removing the flashing would make this big of a difference. Before it would barely turn. Now it almost won't fight out of a turn. Is the F1 still overstable after removing the flashing?

Sad but true. Company website is not well done and not updated to show current events.

DiscNutt123, the F1 is still overstable with flashing removed. On a full crank it flattens/straightens out for 100' then depending on speed, height, released angle it cuts in accordingly.

Has anyone seen F2s in weights lighter than 170g? I am really liking mine now that I de-flashed it, but I have to put a lot of muscle into it because it's so darn heavy (175g).

I've got a 165g F2 and a 160g F1 so I know there are some out there just not a lot I guess.

I purchased an F1 from DiscGolfCenter and it came sans any flashing....not sure if they removed at the store, but I was fully prepared to have to deal with it when it arrived and there was none to be found.

A buddy of mine has an F1 too. We were throwing on the same tee shots during the first round with mine and they were landing within a foot of each other on multiple occasions. We have roughly the same arm speed but it was still uncanny how consistently our shots were pretty much in the exact same spot.

Prodigy's fairway drivers were the first Prodigy discs that really caught my interest and I have purchased a few of them so here are some thoughts on the F -series, I have two F1's, an F2 and an F3. All of them are protos. For reference I get fairway drivers to about 340'.

The first one I got is green and opaque (400s?) F1, 168g. This one is not overstable. I was having a hard time with the first throws since I thought it would be a solid meathook but it just kept on going pretty much straight. I thought there was something wrong with my throws but I quickly realised that this is not overstable. It's even a bit flippy. I wouldn't trust it in to a headwind. I'd say it's pretty close to a TL. Nevertheless, it's a nice disc. Love the plastic and I can get a comfortable grip. Btw, this has no flashing.

Some days later I went back to the store and bought a pink, opaque F1, 174g, hoping this would be OS. This one has some flashing on it but it doesn't feel too sharp or uncomfortable. This starts fading pretty soon after leaving my hand. A bit more overstable than a Banshee, this is what I was expecting from an F1. Nice significantly OS disc.

Yesterday I bought a clear F2, 174g and a clear F3, 168g. The F2 has flashing. I haven't had too many throws with these, but they are both pretty beefy. F2 seems a bit more OS but they're close. Stabilitiwise I'd say they're close to my Brinster Teebirds. I'm a bit disappointed with the F3 being so close to the F2, I was expecting more of a flight that my understable F1 provides. That being said the green F1 is the least stable of the bunch.

I have mixed feelings with these Prodigy discs, but I'm still interested in how the production runs turn out. All the F -series drivers I have are protos. I have yet to try an F7.
Some inconsistency seems to be there, but I was expecting that with everything I had read about them. In my local shop I also noticed a clear orange "F3 proto" stamped F1 (was marked on the rim), same colour as the other F3 protos.

Any word on when we might expect to see the F4/F5/F6?

Iv'e been wondering the same thing about the PA3 and if we'll see one. Seems like they're just producing discs in other plastics vs making new discs.

Latest posts