• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fade Gear Bags

Sunday Mike

Birdie Member
I got a Tourney Fade Gear bag about a year and a half ago--lasted me only about 6 months. While I do most of my rounds at a mountain course, Buffalo Ridge, I still think 6 months for a bag is pretty f*cking lame. It's not just me either. Though I keep telling all the guys I throw with not to buy Fade Gear, they still do (the bags look cool and have nice features) and every guy in my crew who has purchased Fade Gear has had to replace their bag within a few months. Pretty lame.

Any other similar experiences with Fade Gear and what reccomendations do you have for a very durable bag that is less than $100?

Pretty much everyone who owns a Gorilla Boy bag speaks very highly of their design and durability. I actually have my first in the mail right now and am very excited. You can get several great setups from GB for under $100, and everything is hand made. Hard to beat.

I'm surprised you're having those durability issues, I've got an innova competition bag and my girlfriend carries a fade tourney and we use them hard, but both have lasted at least two years and are still in good shape. If the bottom is what's wearing out, you could try the plasti-dip suggestion a lot of people on here have tried, or go with one of the phenix bags with the truck bed liner on the bottom.

I like our Fade Crunch Boxes. I use mine alot, so I am considering some bag mods out of neccessity. Plasti-dip, and a stiffer bottom specifically. Maybe a 5th leg in the center. I can bet I play over 350 days a year so: no matter what bag I have, it will see alot of abuse...

I have a tourney bag but got it about a month and a half ago. it still looks new. but a lot of the guys at the tourney I played in when i bought it, had them and play the same places I do and one guy had his for 2 1/2 years. I mean it was super dirty but it was in good shape still.

I have a Fade Tourney bag and usually play 3-4 times a week on avg. I haven't encountered any problem with my bag what so ever and would recommend them to anyone looking for an upgrade. I know the Carolina Revolution bags are very nice, I've also heard good things about the Innova Tourney bags as well. Sorry to hear that your Fade is crapping out on ya.

I've had my Fade Tourney bag for about 9 months, and it's starting too show some real wear. One of the side pockets is coming apart, and the bottom has several worn places. I'm not abusive with it, I don't ever throw/kick/drag it, but I have played probably 250 rounds with it. I think the plastidip thing may be the ticket. I'll try that next time around, if I don't get a Revo.

My disc golf Bag is Probibly the Cheapest "large" Quality disc golf bag at around 60$.....
well at clearwater there like 90$

PDGA_Deluxe_Disc_Bag_Stock-1.jpg

Check OUt MY Sig for More pics of My bag :thmbup:

^I believe I have a version of that bag now. Still having issues w/ it, but not like the Fade Gear bag. Three rounds a week at Buffalo Ridge are murder on a bag!!
How do you go about getting the plastidip? I've never even heard of it.

You can find it at Home Depot or Lowe's. Buy a foam brush and paint it on. Search for plasti-dip. There are a bunch of posts about it on here, including a tutorial if I remember correctly. I think it's in the Bag Mods thread.

You can find it at Home Depot or Lowe's. Buy a foam brush and paint it on. Search for plasti-dip. There are a bunch of posts about it on here, including a tutorial if I remember correctly. I think it's in the Bag Mods thread.

Cool.
Thanks!!!

Been using a stock Fade Crunch bag for close to a year now. I tend to play multiple rounds most every day of the week, so it sees a lot of use. It's been with me through rain and snow, though the terrain I play on is pretty mild compared to other places in the U.S. I have nothing bad to say about it, it's been a near perfect bag for me. Only thing I'd like is a second gear pocket because having a disc retriever and towel in the pocket makes it a bit of a hassle to access smaller items that tend to fall to the bottom of the pouch. Otherwise it's great.

Been using a stock Fade Crunch bag for close to a year now. I tend to play multiple rounds most every day of the week, so it sees a lot of use. It's been with me through rain and snow, though the terrain I play on is pretty mild compared to other places in the U.S. I have nothing bad to say about it, it's been a near perfect bag for me. Only thing I'd like is a second gear pocket because having a disc retriever and towel in the pocket makes it a bit of a hassle to access smaller items that tend to fall to the bottom of the pouch. Otherwise it's great.

If I played all park course I'm sure my Fade Gear bag would have been fine--but it could not hold up to a mountain course. Not tough enough.

I got a Tourney Fade Gear bag about a year and a half ago--lasted me only about 6 months. While I do most of my rounds at a mountain course, Buffalo Ridge, I still think 6 months for a bag is pretty f*cking lame. It's not just me either. Though I keep telling all the guys I throw with not to buy Fade Gear, they still do (the bags look cool and have nice features) and every guy in my crew who has purchased Fade Gear has had to replace their bag within a few months. Pretty lame.

Any other similar experiences with Fade Gear and what reccomendations do you have for a very durable bag that is less than $100?

had mine about a year. play an average of 6 times a week. bag is still going strong.

I "homadely" reinforced mine.

Yeah if I played in rougher terrain I'd probably do the same thing. LEt us know how it turns out.

Yeah, my Fade Crunch that I've had for not even 3 months decided that one of the quad hookups should come out of the stitching. I emailed Fade and they said they'll send me another bag in early October when they get that style back in (Camo). That's the first and only problem I've had with them so far, my old Crunch is being abused hard by my brother and is still going strong and my Tourney still looks close to new after about 6 months.