• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fade Outer Worlds vs Innova Comp bag

Peter S

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Since the reviews are about 50/50 on the quality of the Fade bag I am now thinking Innova's Competition Bag may be better for my needs. I do play all weekend & live in Florida so my bag does get wet.

Does anyone else feel Innova's Competition Bag is better made, more sturdy than the Fade outer worlds?

Fade and Innova bags are pretty similar overall. I liked the putter pocket better on the fade bag, the innova bag held up a little better but that was over thousands of rounds to see a difference. If that's the class of bag you're looking at, you can't really go wrong either way.

I agree with mashnut. The bags are very similar but I would give the Competition the edge in durability. How the bags are setup aren't much different. You can't go wrong either way, its is all personal preference. I personally like the Competition bag better but that's just me. I think Fade bags look cheap & ugly.

i have the fade tourney bag and my mate has an innova tourney bag, the fade has bigger stuff pockets and a much better putter pocket, i think the fade feels tougher and more hard wearing also the fade came in camoflage. we play in the UK all year round so our bags are gonna take a beating...
i'll let you know how they get on

I like the Innova DISCcarrier. It is larger than the Competition. Even though I only carry about 12 discs, I love all the extra room in the side pockets. The Competition will hold as many discs as a DiscCarrier, but not as much stuff.

+1 for the DISCarrier. I've owned a Fade Crunch and Tourney and now use the Discarrier. Bigger than the tourney with much better organization pockets.

I do not think I would go bigger than the Competition bag for my needs. In Florida I never seem to need extra storage for jackets for example. I also use the single shoulder strap. Does anyone else use a larger bag with one strap or when you go that big do you go with quads?

I do not think I would go bigger than the Competition bag for my needs. In Florida I never seem to need extra storage for jackets for example. I also use the single shoulder strap. Does anyone else use a larger bag with one strap or when you go that big do you go with quads?

Since you don't need the extra storage for jackets and stuff, the Competition Bag sounds like a better fit. If you don't carry more than 15 discs, The Innova Deluxe bag is also a worthwhile option to check out. I have carried all three bags using the single shoulder strap, but nowadays I prefer the BackSavers, even when I carry the Deluxe.

I've had my fade tourney (zombie black) bag for a few years now and have really enjoyed it. I plan on upgrading at some point but I've had no issues with what I have now, so I have a hard time forking over the cash for something else. May just hold on to the tourney until it starts falling apart (which seems like that won't be for a while, and I'm ok with that!)

I also have a crunch box for smaller courses and quick rounds. I suppose I put my trust in fade a while back and haven't been disappointed. However, that is just my two cents. Honestly, both bags will probably last you just as long! I am wondering if fade will come out with a grip like bag in the future? Anywho..

Cheers!

I like the Innova DISCcarrier. It is larger than the Competition. Even though I only carry about 12 discs, I love all the extra room in the side pockets. The Competition will hold as many discs as a DiscCarrier, but not as much stuff.

+1 for the DISCarrier. I've owned a Fade Crunch and Tourney and now use the Discarrier. Bigger than the tourney with much better organization pockets.

I also have a discarrier. 6 years and still in great shape. I had friends have 2 fade bags come apart in that same time frame. Just saying ...

I've gone through 3 competition bags in 10 years. Poor stitching led to 2 of them falling completely apart. The pockets and the bottle holder are sewn level with the disc compartment, thus those areas developed holes rather quickly.

Last year I bought a Fade bag that holds 14 discs comfortably. The putter pocket holds 2 aviars very nicely. The pockets and insulated bottle holder are sewn higher than the disc compartment so that they don't touch the ground much at all. At $29 shipped to my door it was a bargain. Time will tell, but it can't be any worse than the luck I've had with the competition bags.

Last edited:
Had my Innova Discarrier since probably between 2004-2006, cant remember. It has held up remarkably with literally not a single fault in its construction. All seems are intact, zippers work as new, etc, etc. I just upgraded to a back pack style, Hyzerbomb Flak3, but only cause I wanted this style, and love new gear! The innova bag now stays in the trunck for all my backups. But cant say enough about the durability of that bag.

I have had good luck with fade gear.
The only problem I have had was with the rain fly on their quads, they sent me a new one no questions asked.

Received my Innova competition bag yesterday. Can not play until Friday or weekend. I did put every disc from my deluxe bag, and then some in the new bag. I have 21 discs in main & 2 putters in front = 23 total. I usually don't bring them all out on any given day. However, it is nice to have the majority of my throwers in 1 bag so I can pull up, judge the wind & ditch whatever may be too light/heavy depending on conditions.

First impression of new bag. The competition bag is just a little bigger than the deluxe for disc storage. However, the 2'nd water bottle spot takes away the large storage area of the deluxe bag.

The competition bag is great for the money. However, may not be the bag for someone who lives somewhere with lower temps who may like stuffing a jacket into it the bag after they warm up. No storage for items bigger than a phone, or wallet. No mesh storage area on top cover like the deluxe bag.

Last edited:
I miss the mesh storage area on the top cover. but im glad I made the same change as you

The competition bag is great for the money. However, may not be the bag for someone who lives somewhere with lower temps who may like stuffing a jacket into it the bag after they warm up. No storage for items bigger than a phone, or wallet. No mesh storage area on top cover like the deluxe bag.

I don't live up north, but I carry an Innova Deluxe or DISCarrier bag because there is no extra storage room in the Competition bag. I use the Deluxe bag for most rounds and the DISCarrier for tournaments or when traveling. I usually only carry 13 discs and never more than 15.

Well I used my new competition bag for the first time this past weekend. I did play 1 round on Sat & 2 rounds on Sunday. I can say my complaints are,

1) the strap is different than the deluxe bag. I like the padded strap of the deluxe bag better than the sliding pad on the competion bag. The slide pad always seems be upside down when I pick up the bag & the strap may coil up inside the pad & bunch up.

2) putter pocket. I started with 2 in there. Seems I cound not use 1 hand to get putters in. took 1 out & just tried to get one putter in with one hand. I had to bend down with 2 hands to open the pocket and slip in the disc. May also be because it is new. However, may also be due to the shape of the pocket. Other bags have putter pockets that run the length of the bag that allow you to slip it right in.

The good news is my old lightning is totally trash now & I will now use the competition bag to hold some back up discs & will start to consider my next bag.

Latest posts