• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fade rain fly on a voodoo karma??

BmoreDre

I have a voodoo karma coming in the mail this week. I have innova straps to use from my old deluxe bag but was looking into straps with some shock absorption. Does anyone know if the fade gears straps with the rain fly fit over a voodoo karma?

I haven't used mine on a VooDoo bag, but I can't imagine it wouldn't work. I works fine on my Lat 64 bag.

I'm guessing you have the lager bag that can hold up to 30 disc? If so, that might answer my question considering the voodoo karma can hold 20+

what is the durability of the fade straps- I love the idea of the rain fly, but I always question durability. I am currently using a set of quadshox i've been rocking for about 4-5 years, and they are still working, and I would like to expect the same durability out of a new set if I went that direction.

I have a karma and the fade straps. it works

So I'm guessing the rain fly fits fully around the karma? And does the rain fly pouch feel weird on your neck/back. I got paired up in a tourney a few weeks ago with a guy who had the fade straps. Thought it was a strange neck pad or something. Didn't have the nuts to ask what it was.

Tater- how do your quad straps feel. I have innova's now and looking to upgrade. Just don't know if suspension straps are worth the extra doe yet.

I've had the fade straps for about 2 years now and no problems. I don't care if they crap out on me by the end of this year, I'll be getting another pair. Once you get something with a rain rail like that you really don't want to go back to anything else. It's so nice to have when it's raining out.

You do notice the pouch the first time you use the straps, but you forget about it really quick. It doesn't affect the comfort at all.

I've also had my Fade straps for a little over 2 years and they're still kicking, although they're not on the bag I use the most right now. But if it rains or there's snow on the ground, I'm using them. You'll want to re-waterproof them with some Scotch Guad or something similar periodically. As for comfort, I like them every bit as well as Phenix quads and way better than the Innova straps.

I have had my Fade Weatherguard straps for about two months now and they look exactly like they did when I got them. So they have stood up to about two (or more) rounds a day for the last two months while showing no wear. I also agree about the comfort statement. Initially you notice it, but you get used to it super quick. Also, they are pretty nicely padded and have some small shock absorbers similar to the quadshox. I probably will always use these straps even if they do eventually crap out on me, especially because it's so nice using dry discs and a dry towel when everyone else's stuff is SOAKED!

I've had the fade straps for about 2 years now and no problems. I don't care if they crap out on me by the end of this year, I'll be getting another pair. Once you get something with a rain rail like that you really don't want to go back to anything else. It's so nice to have when it's raining out.

You do notice the pouch the first time you use the straps, but you forget about it really quick. It doesn't affect the comfort at all.

Tater- how do your quad straps feel. I have innova's now and looking to upgrade. Just don't know if suspension straps are worth the extra doe yet.

they are amazingly comfortable. I'm a larger framed guy (6'2, 230) and I can't complain one bit. I am happy to hear about the durability of the fade's though, because that rain fly is such a darn good idea

^ yeah, it's a rad idea! Does anyone else make a strap with a rain fly. Or does anyone make a rainfly that connects to your straps. it would be nice to just carry one in your bag and strap it on when you need it

^ yeah, it's a rad idea! Does anyone else make a strap with a rain fly. Or does anyone make a rainfly that connects to your straps. it would be nice to just carry one in your bag and strap it on when you need it

I am pretty sure FADE is the only company with straps that has a rainfly. Otherwise, companies like Grip, and homemade bags like Gorilla boy, all have built in rainfly covers.

Latest posts