• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fairway Drivers

The Leopoard is a fantastic and versatile disc, I have both a Champion and a DX. Both are great for deadstraight slight turnover tunnel shots and hyzerflip well for distance. Really beat in DX Leopards always predictably turn right when thrown with minimal force for rhbh and never come back, definitely valuable for me.

I throw Star Teebirds and TLs along with a Champion Leopard. The Leopard is great downhill or when I need to hold a straight line a little longer before I need it to fade. Otherwise, when I need dead accuracy, I'll throw the Teebird or TL depending on how much fade I need at the end. I'm one of those guys who doesn't like the characteristics of my discs changing too much over time, so I stay away from DX discs like the plague.

I have
3 lepoards a beat champ flippy that is great for holding an anny line or rolling, newer champ for light bending s curve shots. a pro line that just seems to take up space at the moment.
The Teebird is awesome as well carry one in champ.
Not Innova I do have a sabre which from what I can tell is almost the same as a Tbird.
and a stalker. I will work a gazelle from time to time.

XL, Eagle, TL = 90% of my off the tee shots where I use a driver. I see people making some crazy lines (for no reason) on a 300 ft hole with a Boss while I throw just a little to the right with my XL.

I would be lost if I didn't have any fairway drivers. I throw them for anything up to 350' and I'll use them more than half the time on holes longer than that. IMO wide wings are only good if I need a really low and fast shot or if I need a big skip. Anything else is a fairway, including max distance. The wide wings don't have the glide that you can get from the fairways.
Try throwing a slightly beat DX Teebird on a max distance line; I think you'll be impressed.

Reading this thread makes me want to put my Eagles back in my bag! I took them out once I started throwing the PD's since I seem to throw one on 70% of the holes that I tee off with a driver on. I really like my PD's, but I used to REALLY like my Eagles. Maybe I'll toss one of my seasoned Star Eagle-X's back in the bag for a round or two and see how much I miss them, or not :)

I currently am a huge fan of the Leopard. I'll swear by it! But, having just cross-referenced the Innova Disc Chart, I saw a disc that I kinda forgot about. The Innova Viper. I have one, but it's shot! (Made an indoor course at the delivery dock. Discs don't get along with sharp metal objects!) I may have to look into getting another one! ...provided they are still available!

I currently throw a Champ Banshee and a Star TL.

Hyzers/sidearms/tomahawks with the Banshee.

Straight, stable shots with the TL.

Had a few Leopards before: lost em....

Had a DX Viper that started out as a meathook but beat in VERY quickly to understable. Lost it too.

Have a DX and a KC Pro Cheetah. Dont use 'em much.

Have a DX Gazelle that is great for straight shots as well.

Latest posts